single flip flop

Hi all,

Anyone know if there is a "single gate" / reduced pin count version of a

7473 J-K flip-flop or similar?

I want to make a divide-by-2, clocked by falling edge. I can just use a

74HC73 but have got used to all the nice "single-gate" logic around these days. 74HC1G04 and so forth.

Thanks,

--

John Devereux
Reply to

but afaict only rising edge

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yes, found those (well other peoples equivalents). But need falling edge. ye olde 7473 is falling-edge, so I would have thought there would be a single channel equivalent somewhere. Or some other low pin count divide-by-two.

Thanks,

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I had some bad experiences with the 74LVC1G175 and associated chips of that family. They had a shootthrough pulse of over 1 Amp that lasted about 3 ns during output transitions! But, they were 5 V.

I changed to the 74AUP1G175 and series, and the power rail noise was at the limit of detection, running on 3.3 V rails. This is a D flop with an asynch reset. I'm not sure these can do the logic you need. A quick search doesn't show a J-K style flop, but if you add an inverter to a D-flop you can get divide by two. These are usually positive-edge clocking, though.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Oh yes, try it with an 8 channel part (LVC245) :)

I don't think I can get around the +ve clock without an inverter (which works fine but defeats the point of a low pin count device).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Summer is almost over, too late to buy flip-flops. Oh, wait ...

I don't think there is enough of a market for negative-trigger singles. But if space is the problem you can get the 74HC73 in TSSOP.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yes thanks, looks like that is what I will do.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

John Devereux schrieb:

Hello,

I looked at the web page of TI, there are 38 JK flipflops, but none of them has a smaller package than 14 pins. All are dual flipflops.

But under Little Logic, there are single flipflops with 5, 6 or 8 pins, but all are positive edge triggered. What about an additional inverter?

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Hi, yes, that seems to be the situation.

There are no low pin count, negative edge triggered flipflops.

(now someone will find some gallium arsenide thing...)

Thanks,

--

John Devereux
Reply to

;)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Nice part. Triggers on either edge, but it's SiGe, not GaAs.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links