Pull-out/Swing-out Desk Ideas?

Pull-out/Swing-out Desk...

Trying to save space in my library, yet provide a work-station area, I'm toying with the idea of building-in a pull-out or swing-out desk in one section of the bookcases.

Any ideas? I'd prefer a simple buy and install, but I'm open to doing a little wood-work. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

How much space do the books take ? And how much would they take on a hard drive ?

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

FWIW you can get very heavy duty drawer type rails. Hinges & gate-leg also works. Lift-off works too... I don't know what you want out of the trade-offs. I won't suggest an inflatable desk :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I could never keep a clean enough desk for that to possibly work.

Reply to
krw

Jim Thompson wrote on 10/31/2017 5:56 PM:

I use an old drop leaf table. When both leaves are dropped the table is only a bit over a foot wide.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Well, a table with lamp is traditional. Carrels are built-in study stations, and there's lots of ideas if you do an image search on that term. One could build-in a tabletop as a drawer, if you want, that slides back into the bookshelves when not in use.

For minimal floorspace, a tilt-away table is a classic design, like this:

Reply to
whit3rd