le

oice

upply

main

inum

2 pin

sh

o.

hs ago. I've never had or even seen such a flaming piece of crap. I hope yours works out better.

in

ut

most

was a crap machine... a higher end crap machine with a separate video chip, i7 CPU, etc. Everything from the poor quality display to the hard to type on keyboard and the total lack of coherent support for driver updates. Th e list of problems with that machine was too long to even recall. The best thing that happened to it was for it to go belly up after just two years r equiring me to get another computer. I ended up with a Dell Precision powe rhouse machine that actually works, has a clear display and I can type on a s fast as I can think... read into that last one what you wish, lol! I had just bought a 1 TB flash drive to put in the Lenovo when it crapped out... probably deliberately just to tick me off!

.

re

pens to be what I bought after the Lenovo died. There's some irony. The L enovo dies and I replace it with an older, used machine and am much happier ! lol

ell at *any* price. It is the only PC I have ever regretted buying. I alw ays end up not liking my machines when they start giving me problems, but w ith the Lenovo this was in the first month of having it. I bought it by ma il order so I was stuck. Had I bought it at Costco, it would have been ret urned right then. I did buy an HP at Costco for my first attempt to replac e it, but the keyboard and touch pad were inferior and crapped out very qui ckly.

Yes, you need the longer model number to identify the details. This was a Z720 I believe. I'm not finding a Z720 on a google search, so maybe it was the Z710. I recall reading in the Lenovo forums and someone else complain ed how poor the screen was, not being able to see even colors between the t op and bottom of the screen no matter where you placed your eyes. Look at the top of the screen and it darkened while the bottom of the screen starte d to exhibit the reverse video thing... all at the same time!

I paid $800 and it maybe lasted 2 years. At $800 it seemed to be a bargain then, but had I paid the extra $100 or so to get a better machine I'd like ly still be using it. I usually keep a PC for around 4 years. That machin e was a huge step up for me as I usually spend as little as possible. I on ly had one laptop before the Lenovo disaster and I built a desktop from scr atch. Interesting exercise, but not worth the $50 to $100 savings. Still, the Lenovo was the only machine that didn't last 4 years for me. Even at two years, it's not that the thing lasted a short time, it was crap the who le time I had it. I had to use a mouse because the touchpad was so bad and as I've said, the screen was worse than the crappiest Chinese junk I've ev er seen. Heck, I've got a $30 weather station with a better color LCD!

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Tangentially related to the other thread I posted there's a common notion in the audio world that e.g. Behringer only makes "cheap Chinese crap copies." Which from that user's perspective may be true because there can be a world of difference between model revision X that came out the year previous and revision Y that came out the year after.

Every company makes their gems and their stinkers, usually simultaneously, so there's likely a confirmation bias where an unfortunate person who gets three stinkers in a row will never buy from them again, meanwhile I buy one of their mixers in the year 2000 and use it every day with no problems and wonder what they're going on about. Lucky for me it wasn't a stinker.

I find Behringer product's quality on average pretty good and the fact that some of them are "interpretations" of 25 year old designs by other mfgrs doesn't really bother me. There are only so many ways to build an audio mixer or cable tester, if it ain't broke don't fix it. They're not doing anything strictly illegal.

Meanwhile I've owned some products by more well-regarded mfgrs like Roland where the quality was not at all good, and seemed like the circuit was designed specifically to frustrate attempts at repair - nothing made any sense.

Reply to
bitrex