OT: One last pleasantry for today...

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

I'm not arguing that one should attempt to act the latter way intentionally, mind you. It's a poor choice for everyone involved long-term as well.

Reply to
bitrex

Nice one. Donald Trump's a certified asshole and he's got at least 50 million yuuuuuge fans, yeah? If Donald Trump had promised America to be "honest, sincere, friendly, and helpful" would he be President right now? I doubt it.

Reply to
bitrex

Most guys don't actually like women. I do.

lunatic fringe electronics

IMO the best way to have happy relationships with women is to ditch the "I'm not like other guys" mentality. There are ten million other guys just like me out there, probably better than me in all respects, in fact. I'm 100% replaceable. My girlfriend would likely hardly notice a difference if it were one of them instead of me.

I should put on a Groucho Marx fake mustache and glasses next time I see her, see if she notices.

Reply to
bitrex

Most common psychological defense mechanism there ever was - people tend to get mad when a statement strikes close to the truth. Republicans are pissed off a lot of the time about all sorts of things - what else is new.

Nobody gets upset over nonsense statements. oh I'm a "costal snob." oh dearie me. see how mad I am.

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe not most, but certainly enough to elect one President.

Reply to
bitrex

Who's gonna stop 'em? A washed-up game show host and his nincompoop administration and supporters?

That's a laugh.

Reply to
bitrex

I wouldn't be so pessimistic, Americans on average have an amazing talent for rapidly shifting beliefs and values, often from day to day or hour to hour, and doing things which are surprising.

Ten years from now the bulk of Trump's most ardent supporters may elect a Muslim woman president and claim they always felt that she was the best choice for the job. I think it's probably unlikely but who knows.

Pondering the reasons why a particular American believes one thing on one day and a different thing the next is for the most part a waste of time.

Reply to
bitrex

What can a woman say, after she says "moron" ?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If you are determined to emote but not think, I suppose you can get on with life. But that's not a good way to design electronics.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Such ability has yet to be demonstrated by "bitrex the dum dum". ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

I wish you'd post more electronics, I've heard that one improves by swinging at gorillas, not playing with kittens. The politics stuff is amusing but if I wanted to play with kittens on the electronics front I'd be on some web forum.

Reply to
bitrex

I don't make off-topic posts, I just comment on 'em from time to time. Are you not entertained?

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex must be listening to Hillary speeches!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I certainly open to a circuit design challenge. Perhaps John Larkin would serve as moderator?

You'll lose your ass in a New York minute.

Are you game? ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

What's my handicap? I went to art school.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh THAT'S fair. rotfl!

Reply to
bitrex

Art school doesn't award you a handicap, but your blatant ignorance certainly ensures that. ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

I think he's trying to date her.

Reply to
krw