visual pun

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

I see the rock, but I don't see the sham. Unless that's implied by the city in the background? ;-)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Is the "rock" made of resin-bonded glass-fibre? Or was it merely trucked in from an area with a different geology.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Dressed to be the Blarney Stone?

Reply to
John S

A sham rock with a shamrock, but what are those other smaller leaves?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

This is a Rock For All Seasons. It was all gold, then pumpkin colored for Halloween, then was striped like a giant candy corn.

Here's a homage to Prince:

lunatic fringe electronics

Four leaf clovers, emblematic of the luck of the Irish. (Which has been uniformly bad since about Edward III.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I think they're sham shamrocks.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

I thought it was fake.

Reply to
krw

In NYC we have to settle for the Empire State Building being lit up in different colors on each holiday. This rock is sort of the Flintstones version of that.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Shamrocks for our real friends, and real rocks for our sham friends.

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The lighting on that giant corncob in the background (AKA Salesforce Tower) is sometimes impressive, especially late in the day when the sunlight is almost horizontal. But the optical effects could have been much better, with a bit of thought.

lunatic fringe electronics

But it's not Art Deco.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

No, modern architects aren't allowed to do anything that looks nice.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Am 23.03.2018 um 19:50 schrieb John Larkin:

That must be true. A friend of mine who is an architect recently complained that he must not build anything that looks good. The price decides everything.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann