OT: Microsoft Office 365 Outlook (online variant)

and

annot be

esenting

and ends

il IS spam.

text

Consider Mozilla's Thunderbird as an alternative. I can follow mail-lists, email, and Usenet all from a single window.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson
  • An incoming e-mail, found in the Junk E-mail box had the stupid and contradictory notice "This message was identified as spam. We'll delete it after 29 days. It's not spam"

  • At least ONE e-mail was NOT delivered. NAC, K appx.

  • The email in my Microsoft Office 365 Outlook cannot be sent to a gmail account (not found).
** It also refuses to recognize snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com, despite the fact I sent an e-mail from there to snipped-for-privacy@oil4lessllc.com (and saw it there).

  • The ransomware in my Microsoft Office 365 Outlook inbox cannot be accessed or blocked, only hidden.

** I also see spam mail that has a green image header that states "This email is from a trusted source". Obviously, the rest of the e-mail does a fair job of representing Microsoft. ** I also see spam mail that has a yellow image header in similar vein. Unfortunately i have been rather agressive in deleting garbage e-mails and cannot find an example. That image text starts with something like "this is spam" and ends with text similar to "this is not spam". Yes, it DOES contradict itself; and the e-mail IS spam.

  • My Microsoft Office 35 Outlook inbox is cluttered with my sent emails. Is the cloud raining?

**This is a VERY serious problem. SENT e-mails have NO business arriving in the INBOX. It is becoming more prevalent.

  • The door to our home has been destroyed by Microsoft Office 365 Outlook. Outlook is in an infinite continuous GET loop.

  • Why is it not possible in my Microsoft Office 35 Outlook to cut text from a file into an e-mail? The result is a bunch of blank lines.

  • Why is it not possible in my Microsoft Office 35 Outlook to fix/correct an error I made in an e-mail address?

  • Why does Microsoft IGNORE Microsoft Office 35 Outlook problems?
Reply to
Robert Baer

I use Thunderbird, and our IT people are planning to move us to Microsoft. Sounds like a bad idea.

o a

cannot be

is

epresenting

n.

am" and ends

-mail IS spam.

ing

65

ut text

s?

FWIW from the 25 years I've been on the net most of the big boys I knew seem to think that Outlook is a piece of crap and a lot of my ordinary friends had plenty of problems with it.

Reply to
gray_wolf

to a

x cannot be

his

b of representing

in.

ls

is spam" and ends

the e-mail IS spam.

nt

365

cut text

ms?

Isn't there an expression - No one ever got fired for recommending MS/IBM/(other big company with large advertising budget)...-

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Been using it for the last few years, can't remember when we had a problem. Oh, last problem was some attachement problem, a MS side issue, fixable via the Admin portal. Actually it works well. PC Client, Web, and Android/iPhone apps.

Martin Riddle

and

annot be

esenting

and ends

il IS spam.

text

When it works. It got pretty dysfunctional for me and support is not so go od. I tried switching to Seamonkey which is from a common code base, but e ventually it too went wacky. I gave up and am using Google Groups now whic h is good enough. The worse it works, the better really. I waste far too much time here.

lol

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

It would be good if you'd quit with the monkey pic attachment--it doesn't come up on NNTP but does on GG.

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

:

o a

cannot be

is

epresenting

n.

am" and ends

-mail IS spam.

ing

65

ut text

s?

o good. I tried switching to Seamonkey which is from a common code base, b ut eventually it too went wacky. I gave up and am using Google Groups now which is good enough. The worse it works, the better really. I waste far too much time here.

That's between you and Google Groups. I have a pic on my account. I don't have any control over you seeing the monkey any more than Mike T. does ove r you seeing his monkey pic.

Where exactly is the problem? Do you have something against monkeys? Don' t watch any Inspector Clouseau movies or anything on the discovery channel.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

My recollection is that "It's not spam" is a button you can press to teach the Bayesian filter what should not be in the spam folder.

That said my own ISP's server side spam filter put their final reminder that I hadn't paid in spam (because credit card expiry date had passed). First I knew there was a problem was "connection refused".

I suspect user error. You have form.

There is something wrong with your rendering engine. There should be a button to allow you to override the Bayesian decision and help it to better understand your incoming emails. If you use a hopelessly broken web browser on some misconfigured prehistoric platform all bets are off.

More user error. I have never seen it do that even with my technophobic cousins in the driving seat.

How is it supposed to guess what you intended to type?

Microsoft routines deny all problems unless the sky is falling. Win10 forced updates have bricked a fair few portable systems.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Que?

Of course you wouldn't run your /client/ on their /server/. But it would be bizarre if you couldn't access their servers using a client running on your machine.

1&1 even show you how to use Thunderbird:
Tom Gardner

Thunderbird is not a domain, has no servers, and does not host a URL and then handle your incoming domain e-mail. Outlook pretends to an e-mail client, and in this case, one is stuck with it if the server owner ties all of that crap together. One cannot tell GoDaddy or 1&1 or .. what e-mail client to use on their server for your e-mail.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I seriously doubt that your domain hosting company uses Thunderbird.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, that is seriously crap to the point of being unusable

The only place I use hand-crafted filters is to avoid subthreads started by people that waste electrons.

Thunderbird's bayesian filter is so good now that ! get maybe one false positive and half a dozen false negatives per month. The false negatives are used to further train the filter, simply by clicking the "Junk" button.

Yes, you do have form.

Example: you believe you can't use thunderbird with 1&1, when they have a help page showing how to do exactly that.

Unacceptably primitive; unusable nowadays.

You should use a tool suited to modern living. I like thunderbird/seamonkey, and configure it to keep copies on the server and on my local machine. That way if the server is inaccessible, or the server company disappears, I still have access to my emails.

But email client is a personal preference; choose whichever one suits you.

I specifically choose to keep my sent emails in my inbox, so that a conversation's threads are preserved.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I wish that i had known that about 5(?) years when GoDaddy talked me into moving from their old e-mail handling system (simple,effective) to crappy Outlook.

Reply to
Robert Baer

When they have morons for customers can you blame them?

You can accept Office 365 mail server feeds into any mail client you like. I use Thenderbird and it works fine for me. Every now and then the server side spam filter mis-classifies something important as spam. Often these are emails from my ISP warning of impending doom (pay up or else). I find it ironic that they don't whitelist their own domain!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Well, it looks like i am going to fire GoDaddy. Major problem is migrating our Outlook e-mail intact.

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • There is NO "button". But Outlook does allow filters to be programmed after a crude fashion. NOT "Bayesian", logical if-then only.
  • NOPE!

  • Wrong on a number of items: 1) NO "Bayesian" decisions, in fact NO decisions unless one sets up a filter which is strictly logical. 2) I see this problem in Win 7 using latest FireFox; if FF is broken, then you better complain to them because this shit has been going on for a number of versions.
  • Yes, BUT if i goof, i should be able to FIX it, and now that bad address is now a default address; cannot delete or correct it.
  • They do not even ALLOW anyone to contact them.
Reply to
Robert Baer

"monkey pic attachment"? a) i had no attachment; is it hard to not see something not there? b) what is a "monkey pic"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

That's why I make sure that I turn off any server-side junk mail filters, and rely on my (thunderbird) client filters.

After all, /only I/ know what /I/ regard as junk - not some generic organisations's generic guesses.

Reply to
Tom Gardner