OT: Microsoft Office 365 Outlook (online variant)

  • I m talking about the paid ONLINE version. The only way to use something else,is have all e-mail forwarded to another server that treats you right. Am in the process of doing that (ProtonMail); have all** e-mail copied there now; just got done "downloading" our e-mail from online Outlook folders to desktop version. Have no idea as to what may be missing there, or what was NOT transferred.
** Know of one incoming e-mail that was not accepted by Outlook; how would you like it if a client could not send a PO or RFQ?
  • Well, there is a simple way to show the thread if you want to do that, and re-collapse.
Reply to
Robert Baer

This is an online paid version, and Office is NOT a server.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I use Office 365 online paid version you clueless f****it. My ISP long since abandonned providing its own mail service and out sources it to Mickeysoft. There were a few glitches at first notably the withdrawal of an infinite range of email addresses on my domain and wildcard matching.

The settings for accessing Office 365 with a generic mail client are something like:

outlook.office365.com:995 SSL/TLS normal PW smtp.office365.com:587 STARTTLS normal PW

You are not compelled to use their horrid webmail interface. RTFM

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

  • You certainly do not know how to READ. I SAID i am using the online paid version. ALSO, note that Microsoft Office 365 Outlook _IS_ an e-mail client. Therefore, who has advertised to all the readers of this NG that it is YOU that accepts no clues or other info?

MANUAL??? There is none, and M$ provides absolutely NO support. in fact it is impossible to send problems to them concerning this POS.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well,after downloading and installing Outlook 2019, i was able to see he same e-mail folders with the same contents "on" my computer; i doubt that is where that apparent copy resided; i think it was on the "cloud". Makes no diff; there i could File/Import Export/ etc to (chose CSV ignored PST) to desktop.

NOW HERE IS THE NASTY: Those CSV e-mail files are NOT SOX compliant!

Penalties for non-compliance: Formal penalties for non-compliance with SOX can include fines, removal from listings on public stock exchanges and invalidation of D&O insurance policies. Under the Act, CEOs and CFOs who willfully submit an incorrect certification to a SOX compliance audit can face fines of $5 million and up to 20 years in jail.

You ask what is wrong? There is _NO_ date and _NO_ time field for the e-mail entries, despite 19 other fields. CSV fields are: "Subject","Body","From: (Name)","From: (Address)","From: (Type)","To: (Name)","To: (Address)","To: (Type)","CC: (Name)","CC: (Address)","CC: (Type)","BCC: (Name)","BCC: (Address)","BCC: (Type)","Billing Information","Categories","Importance","Mileage","Sensitivity"

Reply to
Robert Baer