OT: Here's one for Slowman

OT: Here's one for Slowman...

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Come one Jim, lift your game.

You're losing respect real quick around here.

Reply to
Glenn B

No sense of humor ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Not exactly. He's been Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson for a long t ime now. I first used that particular formulation back in September 2008, a fter finding myself using the phrase regularly about him for at least the p revious year.

He's not had a lot of respect to lose since then, though his loyal fans are prepared to tolerate his idiocies.

Jim's not got a subtle sense of humour, and he's yet to realise that the sa me joke palls after you've told it a few times.

The funniest thing about his posting the Gore joke was that he hadn't reali sed that the earlier article that he'd posted - on the recovery of the Arct ic ice coverage - was straight denialist propaganda, which ignored what was actually going on in favour of spreading a bit more doubt about the realit y of anthropogenic global warming. Suits Exxon-Mobil's short term profits, even as it screws their long-term prospects.

He was just reminding us that he's thoroughly gullible - a sucker's sucker.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

From what you said before, it was in your wife's career/financial interest to move to Netherlands. So did you two split up or did she move back to Oz with you, Sloman? You made it seem VERY necessary for you to move to Netherlands but now you're back in Oz, so could you explain that? What did you miscalculate, Sloman?

Reply to
Greegor

We moved back to Australia together.

I could, but I'm not going to do it here.

There was no "miscalculation". E-mail me privately - snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org w orks fine - if you feel a desperate need to find out what was going on and have any kind of reasonable interest in learning about it. I'm certainly no t going to go into any kind of detail here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So the Netherlands kicked your ass out eh?

Reply to
Greegor

Perhaps it was too crowded for Bill... :-)

-- Failure does not prove something is impossible, failure simply indicates you are not using the right tools... nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Nico Coesel

The North Sea weather is a bit different from Sydney weather.

--

-Tauno
Reply to

No. I was back there in August, and they were perfectly friendly - nobody offered me a job, but I'm 70, and they've been reluctant since I was 61.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No. If there was any single cause why we left when we did, it was probably the local attitudes to keeping people over 65 in work, but the main point was that we are Australian and it seemed a reasonable time to move back.

The population density in Sydney - or a least the bit of it we live in - is rather higher than it was in our suburb of Nijmegen.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Winter days in Sydney can be warmer than summer days in Nijmegen, and I think the average temperatures for those three months come out very close if not identical.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Couldn't fit his mouth.