OT: American's are yellow-bellied pansies...

OT: American's are yellow-bellied pansies...

...Jim Thompson

Sony is not the wimp here, they made the movie and afaict intended to run i t, but if the theaters won't show it the is not much they can do, other than write it off and cut their loses.

The theaters expected the public to be scared so they won't show up for the ir other movies, so they cancel to protect their bottom line.

So combine the expectation that people are scared of stuff and companies ar e in the business of making money not statements and threats of terrorism w orks

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If you knuckle under to a bully, the bullying gets worse.

It's time for the U.S. to start killing such annoyances at a wholesale rate.

Of course it'll never happen while Obama is in power.

But just think what the next Republican President will do with all these executive order and "memoranda" powers he inherits from Obama

(I'm reminded of an incident some 40 years ago... #2 daughter, quite petite, struggled to carry her books and French horn home from school every day. A punk delighted in bumping into her and spilling the works. I instructed her in how to form a fist and where to place it under his nose to maximize damage. She came home one day, smiling, with a bloody fist. Minutes later Principal Dave Wilson calls, laughing, bully came crying uncontrollably into his office and bleeding profusely from the nose. He never pushed my daughter again. She just turned 50 three days ago, still petite, and quite a babe, is a chemist, and runs the City of Phoenix Water Labs :-) ...Jim Thompson

Sony, like most of Hollywood, is full of craven, slimy creeps who will do anything for power and money. There are no good guys here. It's astonishing that anyone would make a "comedy" movie about killing a living head of state.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

n it,

their

are in the business of making money not statements and threats of terroris m works

yes it sets a dangerous precedent

that would be utterly stupid, any response would be giving them a PR scoop. Totally ignoring them is much better, what they hate is when no one takes them seriously

I hope neither side will be stupid enough to start a war over a comedy movi e

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Since when do you pluralize American with an apostrophe?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

They're merely a reflection of American society, so don't go singling out Hollywood for meeting a market demand, it's just a business.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A crass film, which will make Sony a lot of money as patriotic Americans (sorry, American's) flock to see it. Maybe it's all orchestrated.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Some of American society. People make money selling heroin and lotto tickets, too.

I don't know many people who would sit through a movie that stupid, or indeed would sit through 98% of the movies and TV shows produced nowadays.

We go to a movie theatre maybe once a year, if that. I never watch TV shows, except the occasional BBC epic, like Sherlock.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Did the Japanese present a PR campaign after Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

That works in some cases and infuriates in others.

Not likely. Though the NK types are mentally ill and you never know what they'll do. We made a big mistake letting them develop nukes and we're making the same mistake with Iran. Israel is likely to vanish from the face of the earth because of Obama (and all of the rest of the closet Jew-haters, aka "liberals")... Why do ALL religions think there's is the only correct one? "Religion of peace" my ass.

Disclaimer: I am an atheist. My immediate family includes atheists, Jews, Catholics and Protestants of several flavors, and descendents of legal Mexican immigrants... we all get along famously... but don't get in our faces... CCW permits abound >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I doubt that... has all the earmarks of a F-grade film.

I don't think the smart-phone-clutchers go to movies anyway. ...Jim Thompson

Ummm, the states rake in big bucks on the gambling. If that's not a refllection of American society, nothing is.

Many tens of millions...

Sherlock? LOL. If it can't be PAUSEd, I won't sit through it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

vie

The conflict is with the North Korean power center, the people there will b ear the brunt of any hardship, and they've suffered enough. That's one grou p who will be eternally and truly grateful for an American liberation, whic h will never happen because they don't have oil.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The handful of big gutless, chickenshit companies that produce most of the media in America are not America, nor even American in too many cases. The cowards are only too willing to lick the boots of anyone with one iota of power. They comfort the comfortable and afflict the afflicted. They kick powerless people and brown nose powerful people.

Reply to
Bernanke Bird

That's morally equivalent to selling heroin. Sensible states go in for "harm reduction" - making sure that the heroin is pure and that the gamblers don't gamble more than they can afford to lose.

Most of us can sit still for 90 minutes. It's probably not good for us to sit still that long.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Law enforcement warned them off, too many problems, and too many lunatics with too many ideas. This one will have to go pay per view.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

l.com:

movie

bear the brunt of any hardship, and they've suffered enough. That's one gr oup who will be eternally and truly grateful for an American liberation, wh ich will never happen because they don't have oil.

Hard to tell if they would understand, they have been brainwashed for gener ations, and we'd rather not see Seoul turned to rubble to find out

The regime feeds on threats from the outside, it is their justification for keeping their people in an iron grip. Just like western politicians use te rrorism, drugs and "think of the children" to justify ever more surveillanc e and laws bypass normal justice

I'm sure the top brass of NK knows that if things were normalized they woul dn't be top brass they would be nobodies in an utterly broke country.

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Then there is the possiblity that Sony caved NOT because of outsiders 'discovering' a silly/stupid film, but rather the hackers discovered the smoking gun to Sony aggressively pursuing the Beatle's library by bankrupting Michael Jackson who own(ed) the Library and REFUSED to work with Sony. Note the timing of every search/arrest warrant issued.

I'm not justifying any of MJ's actions, but the timinng of all his problems were coincidental with his going out to get a few millions and each attempt to going to make money was indeed thwarted. Note sister's commens, too.

Anyway, food for thought. now THAT's grounds for a film.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I can make through most of the older shows that actually had a story, but they can't last more than 30 minutes:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

it,

Yes there is. If Sony think NK seriously believes they'll be harmed by the movie being shown, they could cut their losses *and* hurt NK by releasing i t free on the Internet.

Reply to
clifford.heath