Need to construct the logical reverse of a 7448 - perhaps using a GAL

OM,

ons...

en

V8B-15PU_C6509.html

I'd say this is clearly a good part for this task. It's small, cheap, easy to design. I don't know how you might program it though. I seem to recal l reading in one group or another that it is hard to find programmers for s maller PLDs, but I bet you can find them on eBay or Aliexpress.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Hi Rick,

I am going with a EEPROM, and the don't care states are defined as blank (no segments lit) so not an issue. The ST39SF010A EEPROM will be under $1USD, and is easy to program.

Thanks,

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

When EEPROMs are under $1USD who cares if they are way over capacity? The device I am going to use ST39SF010A is way overkill, but I just tie those unused address lines to Gnd and ignore them. It would be more elegant if devices that are under 1K in size were still made, but why would anyone bother? Heck all I really need is under 160x4...

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

You don't need a blanking output? you just want 0000 for a blank input?

--
  Notsodium is mined on the banks of denial.
Reply to

I still have a Hilo All-11 programmer and a virtual Win XP machine that can operate it. To my surprise, a Hama USB to RS232 converter worked perfectly.

I have used PALs and GALs a lot, until the Xilinx XC2018 & friends appeared.

(See topmost photo there: )

<

regards, Gerhard

Reply to