Moving rod inside a coil

I have to mathematically model a metal rod moving inside a coil. When I move the rod through the field, the emf is induced between the ends of the rod causing current to flow. This will recharge a large capacitor able to supply the necessary current to a resistive load. Can somebody help me out to design the components of this system (using formulas if possible) in order to recharge a capacitor of 47mF with 3V? Any help is really appreciated. Nick

Reply to
nick0039

Try these on for size:

Or crack open a decent Physics text.

Surely you mean a MAGNET moving inside a coil, instead of just "a metal rod moving inside a coil"?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

the voltage on a capacitor is.

1 farad * 1 amp * 1 second = 1 volt. C * I * T = E

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Rather unclear. Is that rod magnetic? How is that (magnetic?) field produced? Current thru the coil or magnetized rod? So thenyou say an emf is produced causing a current to flow; only momentary and thus creating (a momentary) a voltage potential between the rod ends - - but wait - - is ther something connected to them? Cannot say the capacitor, as it is possible the magnetized rod induced a current in the coil to charge the capacitor. And where did that 3V come from?

Reply to
Robert Baer