Problems about magnet moving back n forth inside da solenoid

I got a coil and a rod magnet is moved back and forth. In order to obtain the greatest current, should the rod be as long as possible? What factors affect the ac current that will be generated? no of coil per length, strength of magnet and? What formula should I use? And how can I keep the output voltage and out current steadily?

Reply to
jamezun

e=beta*length*velocity Beta is magnetic flux density measured in Tesla (how strong the magnet is). Length is the length of the conductor in the magnetic field. Velocity is how fast the coils or magnet is moving in meters per second.

To keep a constant voltage level, keep the magnet moving at the same speed, preferably around in a circle like an alternator. To obtain the greatest current, you want a strong magnet, a lot of coils and fast movement.

Another formula to consider is:

e=(number of turns of wire)*(change in magnetic flux measured in Webers)/(change in time)

The above formula shows that the instantaneous voltage is inversely proportional to time.

Reply to
GotCoffee