Measuring output impedance in LTSpice

Flux splatters on there, like Jan's? :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

hanging

loop

seems

Joerg, You need to temper your comments with the realization that not all of us are as cheapskate as you... who is your provider/what is your reader ?:-)

Visible from here (~40 miles east, I was over there on Wednesday judging a Junior High School Science Fair)...

With a little bit of snow topping right now. ...Jim Thompson

Inline text attachment unencoded is still a copy/paste exercise, hardly painful, from my PoV as I sometimes do that from windows newsreader to a unix file.

Nah...

It's the people the retype the things and make copy mistakes! :o)

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

hanging

loop

seems

Provider is news.individual.de and reader is Thunderbird. As I said, now it works. To my surprise.

I like the Superstition Mountains. A friend showed us Indian ruins in there. But you have to hike, it's well past where 4WD can go or is allowed to go. Might be a good thing, so that this part of history isn't being eroded by too many visitors.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Can that be done?

And where's the command gone for adding a plaintext (ascii) attachment in Agent? Used to be easy to find, 'cos that's how I sent kernel patches.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

[snip]

There's an "Attachments" button (just below "Persona") in the compose reply window. ...Jim Thompson

You can also drag the file and drop it on the reply window. It'll either add it as an attachment or as inline text.

Reply to
krw

Try posting one before you start the party. Some servers will carry messages with attachments, but not let you post them.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

On a sunny day (Sat, 02 Apr 2011 12:59:15 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Any kid over 5 years old here has its own website with at least 1 GB space, and posts his stuff there.

We just beam it there, oooh sorry I see you are still in 2011.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Thanks.

Hmm, what I should do is start over with Agent without my decade old customised toolbars... Anyway, I found a dialog box that seems to give access to attachment properties. I forget when I don't use stuff for a few years.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

One place I post to demands whitespace not be corrupted, converted to spaces a no no. I usually copy/paste stuff from terminal into a post, unless I have to follow that whitespace issue, elsewhere.

I once posted a very small binary to usenet (aols) and it went through, no complaints, but anything goes up in the alt... area.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Same here. But it's a bit cumbersome. First you must store the file on your HD, then FTP it over to your web site, then type the whole path into the URL of your web browser, then copy the URL and paste into your post.

Yesterday I saw that faint twinkle up there in the sky, way out there. I though that must be you, probably blew a circuit breaker in the hobby room on your spaceship :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Sun, 03 Apr 2011 08:05:31 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

That is only the smallest part of it, anyways I have ssh access to my website (provider). I took that opportunity to install some cool apps, like my own editor, it is a Linux server of course. No 'ftp', as from my mobile account ftp does not even work, vodafone seems to block the data port, so I use scp. This comes from up in space from a laptop too. Goes to my own sat setup to terra, and from there via wireless to Germany. ssh allows you to edit directly on the webserver, it is cool, even cut and paste works remotely. Everything encrypted too.

No, it is written I come as a light brigher than a thousand suns. But never ignore a twinkle, could e a start of enlightment, or that big comet expected in 2028. So use your time wisely, I did enough for today in this lab, dinner time.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Ok, here is that test, a laser pump diode pulser. Nothing confidential, it was my contribution to a discussion in a European NG.

Reply to
Joerg

Except that you didn't attach it properly. GIGO ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Well, what can I say, it worked. There must have been a change of mind among the administrators since the time I asked. Because back then it was a firm no from their side.

There's also a guy (Falk Willberg) on the German NG who set up a server that supports binaries. But one must subscribe to that so right now we are an "NG of two" over there, Falk and me.

--
Gruesse, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

Nope. Your .asc file appeared in the body, not properly attached.

You would be better off if you used tools that adhere to the standards. ...Jim Thompson

Or could it be your tools that don't behave?

On Thunderbird it does show as inline plus as an attached file. To make sure, I then downloaded it into a temp directory (not the one from where I attached it) and opened it in LTSpice. Woiks. Then I did same with the netbook which never had that file. Woiks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Did you try launching from the message?

I think Agent IS the standard.

Oh, well. Arguing with you is like arguing with a stump. You have all the trouble, yet claim you're always right. You should join Larkin's organization... you'd fit right in :-)

Was anyone else able to launch from the message?

Hobbs' posting launched from within the message. ...Jim Thompson

Obviously not a very good one. Klaus Butzmann in the German NG read my attachment just fine, as a file.

One guy did, he just said so. It's midnight over there so there won't be many answering in the next few hours.