Measuring output impedance in LTSpice

The three-letter maximum limitation is actually entirely arbitrary -- I think it went away back with Windows 95. Momentum is a hard force to counter, though -- it's a very uncommon program that uses more than three letters; I've only seen a small handful, and the only one I can name off the top-of-my-head is SI-Metrix SPICE, which uses, e.g., .sxsch for schematics (...and .sx??? for other file types).

And of course be default Windows "helpfully" hides the extensions anyway... making it all that much easier for someone to inadvertently run a virus.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Sure. That's why I said that, unfortunately, Thunderbird does not seem to have that. Else it could differentiate and, upon seeing a called

*.asc attachment, load into LTSpice when in a news account and into PGP if in an email account. Guess that's something for the "Dear Santa" list then.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Ever thought of using a "manly" program ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Since Agent can't launch my attachment and newer TB versions obviously do, I don't want Agent :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. ...Jim Thompson

I suspect a "Dear Mike Engelhart, could you change the LTSpice netlist file extension to, e.g., .ltspc by default?" letter might bear more fruit... :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Your very own post on 4/3 at 1:45pm (PST), quote: "Your .asc file appeared in the body, not properly attached."

With Thunderbird it appears also as an attachment.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No wonder, since it is part of the OS instead of any browser.

Right click on the .asc file and click on 'Open With', then select LT Spice. It's worked this way at least as far back as Win 95.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

DOS 1.0

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's not a browser. It is a separate program supplied with the Browser & HTML Composer.

The Browser is called 'Navigator'.

The Email/ news reader is called 'Messenger'.

The HTML composer is called 'Composer'.

You can run any of them, independent of the others.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It no work ;-)

The older version TB on this machine won't do it. The newer one on the netbook does. Both Win XP.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

:-)

than the binary will be identical.

from the east,

If I go beyond PIC controllers, I'm more inclined towards ARM these days.

Looking at TI baby controllers too, well, bought a few of the cheapy ez430 kits, not powered one up yet.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

cp/m before that, in my computing history :) I was using a cp/m box I built until 1984, then switched to PC-AT at work, nothing at home until early '90s after that.

And fights the user wanting save plaintext as .asc too, so 'helpful'...

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

I qive up. You have no comprehension, and are absolutely stupid when it comes to computers.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
Works here.

W7pro, Giganews, Agent 6.
Reply to
John Fields

I told you what happens, and obviously I am not the only one if you had read the thread. Don't know what's so hard to comprehend about facts.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Apparently not, since you still have your head up your ass. It isn't a browser problem, but you're so damn pig headed that you won't listen. Attributes are set at the operating system level, not the individual program but you'll continue to complain even though the fix only takes a few seconds. I installed LT Spice on this computer and set it just like I described before i posted the message even though I knew you weren't capable of following simple instructions from a tech.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael A. Terrell expounded in news:naidnUlZrblclQDQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

CP/M predates that.

Reply to
Warren

TB 3.1.9 on Win7 shows Phil's and Joerg's files as attachments (regardless of inline or attachment disposition), but if I try to open them with scad3.exe (right-click open...) LTSpice opens them both as txt-files, because TB appends .txt to the temporary files it creates from the attached files (TECDriver.asx.txt). This seems to be caused by the MIME-types set for the attachments: "Content-Type: text/plain".

Saving the files to disk works, though. In this case TB does not try append .txt to the file names. That's much better than copy&paste.

Marcel

Reply to
Marcel

So there's another set-up issue, save as TYPE (text), but don't append .txt ...Jim Thompson