LTSPICE model for Ge transistors

Looking for models of Ge transistors I only found some that behaved like Si ones having a Vbe of 0.7V. Anyone can tell to find good ones?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Are you looking for Germanium or General Electric ? You didn't specify a part number..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Not offhand; if nothing else it should be pretty close to set EJ=0.3 or so, and TT will be much larger.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

You'll probably need to roll your own from a datasheet and measurements. Start with EG=0.67, then twiddle IS, BF and IKF. Capacitances from the datasheet. ...Jim Thompson

I stumbled across this...

My son Aaron and I wrote a similar program in Pascal ~1980 (I did the math, he wrote the code >:-}, back when all we had was Berkeley Spice Original Crunchy, on a VAX, with models that sucked.

I haven't tested this at all. Please report back success or failure. ...Jim Thompson

Here's one that has the right EG:

.model 2N344 PNP(Is=1e-10 bf=11 Vaf=15 Cje=5p Cjc=2.5p Tf=3n

  • Eg=.67 Rb=100 Re=10) ...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks. This helps. Sent another post already that seems to be vanished.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter