capacitance between pads

I like the Belgian monk beers, usually. It's a lot of hops that I don't like.

The Irish creams, like Wexford, are great. And Harp.

The neighborhood is called Pot Hill. It has all sorts of cafes and bars and breweries. It's not far from 24th street, the heart of the latino Mission. Not far from Trick Dog.

We might build a roof deck, in case we need refreshment and don't feel like walking. Sutro Tower is in plain sight, so the EMI situation will be horrid.

lunatic fringe electronics

I have done negative-capacitance tricks to cancel crosstalk.

I designed a language lab when I was in college. The master mixer panel was an array of stretched bus wire (makes it look beautiful) into rotary switches, but the capacitive crosstalk was audible between channels. The fix was inverting amps and trimmer caps, to cancel the array capacitances.

Chuck one end of a solid wire in a vise. Grab the other end with pliers and pull until it gives a little. That make it perfectly straight, and of course wrecks the conductivity a little.

lunatic fringe electronics

Then you'd like the Belgian Tripel. It does not taste hoppy at all, a fairly clean abbey ale. But complicated in the brew process and the yeast for that has a nuclear behavior. At first .. nothing .. I almost became worried. A few hours later I heard an evil hiss in the basement room and the fermenter was about to blow its lid. Stuff oozing out everywhere. If I hadn't caught that we'd have needed new carpet and paint. Others were not so lucky:

OTOH that is a good test. If your electronics work reliably there then they also should at the client. What's the old saying? Sturdy timber does not grow in quiet places.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I got a Dubbel for valentines day. one of these,

They make a nice Tripel too. (For any beer readers living in the northeast.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That's the good stuff. We haven't bought any beer in about half a year now, it's all home-brew.

[...]