capacitance meter

I suspect the "MAX 36VDC" is AC coupled, perhaps with a bipolar/ceramic parallel combo, so you can test capacitance (approximately) in-circuit while it's powered up. The other one is DC coupled with a fuse.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I have a cheap Chinese capacitance meter with 3 lead sockets: "CX-" & 2 "CX+". One CX+ is labeled "200mA fused" and the other "MAX 36VDC". Neither of these labels make any sense to me & I don't understand when I would use which socket. I did check the web, without finding an answer. Can anybody help?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Is one at equipt ground ?

Reply to
N_Cook

I asked this of a number of eBay sellers with the same meter. 2 answered - one said that he'd ask his supplier & the other that he thought it was because the manufacturer used the same case for another meter. That explains the 3 sockets, but not the labeling. Oh well.

Maybe I'll open it. Someday.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt