Alternatives for ground

Hello,

I am starting to suspect "ground" for PC's does more damage than good.

Perhaps the "ground" leads to a "backdoor" for electricity to do damage.

Therefore instead of dumping energy into the ground wire an alternative could be found.

For example some kind of circuit which transfer the energy into heat.

So that the energy is dumped into the system's air.

This way PC's no longer require a "ground" and there is no longer a "backdoor" for damage.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Skybuck Flying a écrit :

You'd better take care of that because when the damage comes through the "backdoor" you're screwed.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

"Ground" for PC's (or almost any other electrical appliance), is for keeping stupid people from electrocuting themselves. That's why it's called "safety ground". In normal operation no current should flow in the ground lead -- only when there is a fault will current flow. This is why many places (most?) require ground-fault interrupter circuits in wet places like bathrooms and basements: so that when ground current is detected, _everything_ gets shut off.

The only case where you want ground wires for operational reasons is for radios, and even then it's usually only for really serious radios.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

In which case, I use a shielded ground to the computer otherwise, the noise in the computer will wipe out my receiver.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie