FCC approved modules?

Are there in fact, pre-assembled low power RS232/485 data transfer modules that don't require FCC certification when used in an existing product or am I dreaming?

915mhz?

I just need to replace a wired connection in a product with a wireless one and could easily mount a pre-made module (and antenna) right in the unit itself.

And, let me get this straight, if certification is needed, is it only for the transmitting device? (I know, most are transceivers).

This is a low cost, low volume product and I'm sure an FCC lab is out of the question.

THANKS.

Reply to
mkr5000

Yes there are a multitude of suppliers selling these things that are all FCC/ETSI approved. I'm from the UK so can't give specific pointers other than Digikey/mouser.

Reply to
TTman

Look for ISM Band devices.

If one side will be a PC, Bluetooth should work as well.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

yeah, I knew it was ISM -- 915mhz (+ -) for US and Canada?

Well, this is great news indeed -- I was always under the impression that a product STILL had to be FCC certified.

Awesome.

So, any recommendations? Best bang for the buck?

I've used Maxstream before (the Xstream) very nice but very pricey and overkill for what I need.

I just need an RS485 link good for 500 - 1000 feet at only 1200 baud.

Reply to
mkr5000