Adding oxygen directly to the blood stream ? (Zuurstof direkt aan het bloed toevoegen ?)

English:

Hello,

Is it possible to add oxygen directly to the blood stream ?

If so then could this replace the functionality of lungs ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Dutch:

Hallo,

Is het mogelijk om zuurstof direkt aan het bloed toe te voegen ?

Zoja zou dit dan de functionaliteit van de longen kunnen vervangen ?

Doei, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Don't they do this when you get open heart surgery and they HAVE to stop/disconnect the heart and stop the other autonomic functions like breathing, so they can work in a stable environment?

Google is your friend, "heart lung machine"

James Beck

Isn't that called a heart-lung machine?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

I think we also release CO2.

I also recall filling up the lungs with a fluid, but maybe thats the sci-fi channel.

Reply to
GregS

channel.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I heard of a "tri-ox compound" in a documentary from the 1960's.

Here it is:

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Are you aware you are responding to Radium, the electronics news groups troll, who appears to be on a medical kick now?

Reply to
Don Bowey

"The Abyss" -

also see:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

He must be getting affected by this

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

A simple injection of hydrogen peroxide, followed by some potassium permanganate should do the trick.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Suppose a patient has lung cancer then maybe replacing the lungs with artificial lungs might be possible...

As an alternative for when there is a shortage of human lung transplants...

Also maybe the artifical lungs last longer, much longer than human lungs ?

So this requires a smaller machine and a reliable machine which last long.

Then humans come one step closer to immortality :)

Who will be the first robotic human ? ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht news:173dd$486ab6e9$541983fa$ snipped-for-privacy@cache2.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Bij polio al heel lang: in een ijzeren long (an iron lung). Maya

Reply to
Maya Zuiderweg

Won't work, they should be full strength, not diluted. BTW, why hydrogen peroxide? We were using glycerine when we were young...

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
*  Las Vegas   NV, USA   < >  Miracles require 24-hour notice.   *
Sergey Kubushin

But the nitrating mixture stings a bit when injected.