Excel file errors Visual basic?

I've been trying to use an Excel sheet for flybacks TL431 Compensation from Onsemi but I get errors.

There are several errors saying

"Could not load an object because it is not available on the machine"

After about ten of those I get this in a Microsoft Visual Basic box

"Compile error in hidden module:Save"

Does anyone know how I can determine which objects I need to run the file?

The name of the Excel file from OnSemi is "FLYBACK AUTO".

I have no adobe addins in Excel. Anyone knows what's up?

You can get the Excel file here.

I've been getting these errors on most of the Onsemi excel files I try with the exception of very basic work sheets.

I'm using EXCEL 2007.

I'll upload the EXCEL file ABSE too. File name FLYBACK AUTO

Reply to
Hammy

This runs in 2003, but I get a runtime error if I try to save. The vba project is locked so I think your out of luck.

Martin Riddle

I get the same error. Even with their new rev 5 version. It is their problem. They need to develop it with excel 2007. They should also release the password so that we can see the source code and debug it ourselves.

Reply to
HiggsField

Try the newer version. Let us know. I get the same error in 2k7 for either.

HiggsField

Nope, no luck with 5, same error. Anyone good at cracking VBA passwords?

Martin Riddle

I tried OnSemi, etc.

I figured it would just be best to ask him for it.

It is likely something related to the author.

Reply to
HiggsField

I understand that Excel 2007 is a POS and has numerous problems. Ditch it and use version 2003.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I understand that you are a goddamned retard and a pissy little bitch. I think I'll ditch your retarded 'advice' and do what my superior brain tells me to do.

Reply to
FatBytestard

What that usually means is that the VBA is in a particular dialect of one specific version of XL. Usually and older one where for some reason the hackers at Mickeysoft decided to withdraw backwards compatibility.

Try it on XL97, XL2000 or XL2003 and one of them might work. My guess is the code is X97 specific (you may be able to take an educated guess from the files datestamp and/or header structure).

You have no chance of getting an old XL2003 or earlier program written using VBA to run correctly on XL2007. The best that you can hope for is that it doesn't crash horribly. Graphics objects coordinates are entirely different and various fundamental directory search functions are dead in the water. XL team blames Vista team and vice versa.

XL2007 SP1 is still unstable. Too early to tel if SP2 is really an improvement and it is a hell of a size download at 650MB.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yep same errors with the newer file.

I think I have an excel 2003 disc around here somewhere. I'll try that.

Reply to
Hammy

I have not noticed any difference.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

That only takes about 10 minutes.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

What I believe is missing is a Reference to the MS XL routines, since it cannot save a xls. But since the project is password protected, you cant add the Reference.

Martin Riddle

My version failed as well when I left the default path as C:\\ Debug showed it was trying to save to C:\\\\filename.xls So suggest trying to browse to a directory and ensure no final backslash in the path. Poor error checking in the "hidden" save module.

If anyone wants my version of the rev4.xls then an send an email to me at:-

buggiesmith @ gmail .com

within the next couple of days...

--
Geo
Reply to

oops - forgot to say - using excel 2003.

--
Geo
Reply to

Well it does work with excel 2003 (Office 2003 SP3). I can save results in a spread sheet to anywhere on my HD.

I've been haveing these problems with Excel for a while.I think I'll stick with 2003.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Hammy

I downlaoded the file. It is 64,391 bytes. I treid to unzip it wand was informed there were no zipped files in the document. I looked at the file with Wordpad. It is a HTML web page. Change the file type and see what you get with what you downloaded.

Michael A. Terrell

With both links I get a zip file with the excel file and pdf. I just retested and I still get them.

I dont know what your doing?

I got the original link from Basso's page.

The link to Basso's page is here for anyone intrested.Lots of SMPS stuff.

The PDF I got the link for the excel file is at the bottom of the page under "The TL431 in loop control", or here is a direct link.

~1MB,42 Pages

Hammy

I looked at this file:

Michael A. Terrell

It works for me 1.20MB zip file with the correct files in the zip?

I'm useing forte agent and firefox.

Maybe try copying the link and pasteing it in your browser,instead of through your news client.

I did try and upload it to ABSE but I'm useing my ISP's free server and the file seems to exceed the max upload size.I'll try again.

Reply to
Hammy