visual basic 3 embedded -about dll

Can anyone help me with Embedded Visual Basic. I have problems with dll. Palm doesnt see these dll, I mean, it gives messeges: Could not create component...for example Grid.

Please if you know how to register maybe these component on palmtop, please give me sign.

Tahank you in advance

Reply to
Jacek Zielinski

visual basic..... embedded? you didn't actually use all that in the same sentence, did you?

please

Reply to
Clark G. Smith

Im sorry, i did not mean to be a smartass. Nonetheless, I have done embedded systems for about 10 years, and did Visual Basic, for about 2..... they do not belong in the same sentence. Unfortunately, it seems, that anything M$ produces is overinflated microFluff taking too much memory, too much hardware resources, too much time, and even too much patience to even dick with. Ever seen Microsoft Installer (or Windows Installer, whatever)........... they actually expect you to scroll through 43 alpha-numeric encryption keys.......... basically, i do not have enough time in my life for GatesSoft...........

please

Reply to
Clark G. Smith

Connect to news.Microsoft.com system, they have an embedded visual basic group. Microsoft.public.embeddedce.basic Part of it is still searchable by google, and probably answer most of your questions.

You are looking for the regsrvce.exe application on your device. Look through

as well.

Not many here would call Window CE Embedded ...an embedded operating system. I am using it now, and the continual complaint I see from people who are new to it is "where is the date picker control". They are just lost. Its kind of sad to see. There are (it seems) about 4 people doing "embedded" work with it, the rest are just making "medical transcription applications","GPS logging for surveyors" or a "remote database viewer/entry program".

Also most have moved on to .Net since the eVB environment was such waste of time.

In my case I thought I could create a rental machine with it, and used eVB so I could get some help from a VB programmer I had in the office. The mistake was that eVB was a script language and was just a total sloth on the target I was using.

Its doing the job, but very slowly. I am just hoping that my target provider will stop shipments and I can put a case in to move to a better target.

T.

Reply to
Tony

Embedded Visual Basic is for PocketPC, the code will NOT run on a Palm Pilot.

Google has a ton of links for Embedded Visual Basic, maybe some of those will help you.

Jacek Ziel> Can anyone help me with Embedded Visual Basic. I have problems with dll.

Reply to
hamilton