Subject Author Posted Replies

Need Radio Electronics scans
I'm slowly getting most of my books and articles onto my website, particularly at and My two part Superclock article in the July 72 and August 72 Radio Electronics seems unduly difficult to find....

Meaning of Vce(sat)?
I'm going to be using ULN2803APG in a design of mine, and I just noticed on the datasheet [1] that Vce(sat) typ is 1.3 at 350ma. Does that mean that the voltage drop across the Vce will typically be...
29
29

Solar powered logging geiger counter website created
Solar powered logging geiger counter website created: picture, source code, circuit diagram, info all there. Project is still under construction, so things may change.

An imaginary variable-voltage photomultipler power supply
I've now got a simulation of the variable voltage version of the Baxandall photomultipler power supply. C1 has been pushed up to 3.3nF, equivalent to about half the 10pF inter-win ding capacitance of...
9
9

Editing Gerber files with FAB 3000 -- anyone done this ?
Could some electronics guru please help me on this ? I was wondering if an existing Gerber file can be edited and Googled the topic a bit. I came to know that a tool FAB 3000 does this -- so does...
2
2

mel scale code?
Mel scale extraction is just doing a FFT on speech and massaging it so speaker identification and speech recognition work. What I want it for is an automatic recognizer when a commercial comes on. T...

Oscilloscopes: Tek vs. Rigol
Hi gang, I've always been a big Tek fan when it comes to scopes and have three of them in my collection of 5 and have always been happy with them. Until now that is. I have just watched this video in...
40
40

more details on homemade LED retrofit
So, here's a bit more data on my homemade retrofit for 48" fluorescent tubes. I have had one unit with 20 of the Cree XPEBWT-01-0000-00CC2 1 Watt LEDs running for a month or so, and built another...
6
6

Self powered High voltage indicator
Hi all, I have to design a self powered high voltage (several kilovolts) indicator. A simple resistor ladder to measure high voltage + n stacked MOSFETs cell, i.e all MOSFETs in series (each arranged...
80
80

Step down D.C. voltage
I have 3 led lights that operate using 4.5 volts D.C. Instead of frequent replacement of 1.5 volt AA batteries, I would like to use a 12V 5AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery. What would I need to step the...
23
23

Remote Cell Phone Dialler
Is anyone aware of a transmitted or hard-wired system that allows one to dial in a phone number on a production model cell phone and engage in a two-way conversation remotely. IOW over a distance of...
1
1

OT: Lone Survivor Movie and Strategy
I saw recently a movie about the Seals' disaster in the mountains of Afghanistan. For those who saw it, I'd like to make a few comments, suppositions as an analyst. 1. The 4 Seals could have killed...
11
11

HEI coil driver
PP caps should not be immersed in mineral oil.
6
6

Buck switcher fails when potted
We're using a buck switcher, LM2574HV-5.0 in SOIC package on a custom PCB. The load is less than 200mA and the input voltage can vary, but most testi ng as been at higher input voltages, around 55V....
49
49

A bit of fuzzy logic
A bit of fuzzy logic Needed a circuit that disconnects the Lipo battery from my solar powered geiger counter SDcard logger when Lipo voltage drops to below about 3.1 V, this to protect that battery....
1
1