Subject Author Posted Replies

BJT shot noise (AoE3, sec. 8.3)
Hi all, Questions are mostly generated from AoE3 chap 8.3. Let me start with fig 8.19. (a common emitter amp) Why is there no shot noise from the collector current through Rc? (collector resistor) I...
12
12

Quantum computers
Are these or can these be real? Every time I try to read how they work, I run out of brain. Is there a simple explanation somewhere, or is it a combination of wishful thinking and scam? Cheers
27
27

Magnet catch-release - new idea
Did some more reading. A fellow made a small coil; unenergized a magnet stuck to the core; a pulse of the correct polarity and it "jumped" away. Would this arrangement need less current (i.e. smaller...
5
5

Re: Testing the limits of the universe =D (Photon experiment ;) :))
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:35:15 +1000, Sylvia Else Gave us: Think billiards.
3
3

Re: How to calculate the shannon limit giving a error probability and a bits per second channel?
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:18:21 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: Please stop announcing your petty life and your petty pursuits. Information Theory and Coding by Prof. S.N.Merchant, Department of...
6
6

Any experience with the C30641 photodiode?
Manufactuer is Perkin Elmer. They claim the maximum photocurrent is 100 mA, the same as C30665, although the diameter is 1 mm instead of 3 mm. I just destroyed one trying to work with 100 mA. Is the...
2
2

Funny prank

Spectrum Analyzer and noise
Hi , I am doing a test on a switching power supply. You can view the block diagram of the test at the following link I am coupling common mode noise to the AC input lines to see its effect at the DC...
15
15

spike protection
I have a power inverter in my house that I use to run a water pump and couple of lights, outside of the house, but the inverter output is too hight. Output is 127 ac volt and I'm having some problems...
5
5

OT: Migrate Forefox via "sync"
Anyone migrated Firefox to another computer by using "sync"? Any problems/cautions? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
5
5

funny
5
5

red laser use & safety
There is a type of bike light gizmo than uses a laser to draw a line (actually two, two lines) on the road surface behind the bicycle. How safe is this to look directly at?
18
18

Magnet catch-release help please
Sorry, nothing to do with fishing. I have an idea for a release mech for an rc airplane. A small super-magnet surrounded by a coil. The magnet holds whatever is to be held. The coil makes a magnetic...
11
11

OT, What to do with textbooks. Help
I have 6 feet by 20 feet of text books (probably about 2-300), double stacked. 50+ years in the engineering profession. Primary subjects are: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulics,...
25
25

Semiconductor lasers
I tore up a computer mouse to get my grubby little paws on a laser. Only.. I'm not sure it's a laser. Apart from testing the output for coherence, is there a way to tell a laser diode from a...
13
13