Any experience with the C30641 photodiode?

Manufactuer is Perkin Elmer. They claim the maximum photocurrent is 100 mA, the same as C30665, although the diameter is 1 mm instead of 3 mm. I just destroyed one trying to work with 100 mA.

Is the 100 mA spec really true?

Regards,

--
Jean-Pierre Coulon
Reply to

Never used it. Did you get 100mA at some reverse bias such that you exceeded the maximum power rating? I'm thinking 100mA at 10V would probably kill it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What George said. 100 mW into a 1-mm diameter InGaAs diode is a _lot_ of light, almost certainly enough to drive it horribly nonlinear even if you didn't cook it.

Why are you bombing it so hard?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--