Subject Author Posted Replies

Rigol brilliance
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
2
2

Opamp power supply
Hi all, I'm about to build this detector/audio amp circuit. I want to run it from batteries, I thought it was +/- 4.4v supply. I thought I was going to use 6 AA cells and center tap them, but maybe...
14
14

Battery test - amazing
I have two alkaline batteries in series in my test product. Two days ago the current was about 12mA at about 0.9V. It is now about 4mA at about 0.8V and the current is about 3.8mA. How can these...
27
27

Lamarck's Revenge
Of course, a lot of such studies turn out to be not reproducible. But from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes a lot of sense to pass some of our life experiences on to our offspring at the...
33
33

Protection for sensitive RF front-ends
I want folks' opinions about options for RF input protection. I'm thinking about building a TDR (for probing antenna cables, etc) using a couple of HSMS-286K double diodes (0.18pF) for the sampler....
7
7

Christmas present for those with "The Knack"
Mikek The Knack,
6
6

Step down modules with non existing IC ? LM2596HVS
Hi a rapid research on web leads to a lot of stepdown modules based on LM2596HVS-ADJ,claiming to work with input voltages up to 60V,probably made in China. I was unable to find the datasheet of the IC...
7
7

FET driver
Hi all I was thinking, that for a FET driver I could use a simple op-amp. A FET driver could basically just be 2 transistors supplying enough current to the FET to turn it on immidiately. In my case I...
43
43

Skylake CPUs buckling.
Another reason to postpone Skylake builds: Apperently PCB of Skylake based processors is to thin and could be damaged by heavy CPU coolers. This german based picture looks quite serious: It could be...

Leaky120VAC solid state relay?
I have a 60 watt, 800 Lumen LED bulb (8.5 watts real power) that operates on 120VAC, but it blinks at about a 2 cycles per second rate when switched off through a large 25 amp solid state relay. The...
10
10

OT Anyone got Karma? (wifi)
I live out in the sticks and internet access is only available by satellite or cell phone. About the same cost, (limited data), but the verizon cell phone plan starts nicking you big time if you go...
39
39

Coil winding query
I need to wind a few coils by hand on RM12 formers - 3mH @ 2A DC chokes. I did one as neatly as I could, and found that there was quite a bit of spare room on the former, although my next size up of...
4
4

Around 30V Mosfet that can handle 30V Vgs
Hi I am looking for a N channel and P channel MOSFET with about 30V drain source and a gate that can handle +/- 30V gate source I found a few on but there's no parametric search for that parameter...
26
26

OT: Math Processing Question
Does there exist a math program that can take as input: {12.5m*TANH((V(N_1,0)-(((10mA+15mA)/2)*10*ATANH(((10mA-15mA)/2)/((10mA+15mA)/2))))/10/((10mA+15mA)/2))+((10mA-15mA)/2)} and reduce it, combining...
23
23

Can I parallel mosfet dip relays?
space/weight/price considerations make me wonder if I can stack two or more dip4 relays.
14
14