Can I parallel mosfet dip relays?

space/weight/price considerations make me wonder if I can stack two or more dip4 relays.

Reply to
unk

Do you mean solid state relays?

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

yes

Reply to
unk

Got google? Here's my first hit for paralleling SSR's

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sure. But you can also get low Ron parts, surface mount parts, and duals.

You can get DIP relays rated from 6V to 24V,and if for some strange reason you need to drive more than one at the same time, i recommend the higher voltage relays and in parallel (as compared lower voltage relays in series). If you have N relays,they eat the same space with zero regard to voltage rating, so that leaves the price which seems to not change much for same vender and design (P/N series). Some venders will charge up to 5 times as another for a DIP relay, specs and reliability same. Don't pay more than a few dollars each.

Reply to
Robert Baer

ALL relays are solid state (in his case, copper and iron with plastic case).

Reply to
Robert Baer

We use small SSRs rated up to 400 volts, and some that are 0.1 ohms typ. My favorite is the CPC1540, which is self-protecting up to 350 volts, and has femtoamps of off leakage.

Of course, you can get a DPDT mechanical relay that isn't much bigger than a dip SSR, and crushes any SSR on electrical specs, for 66 cents.

Does it? Dirty bouncy switching, slow speed, inductive kickback, limited cycle life to some extent.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The Fujitsu DPDT relays that we use are about as fast as an SSR, and faster than some. Switching times around 1 millisecond. Inductive kick is no problem with the TPIC6595 drivers that we use. We often use the full DPDT functionality, which is the equivalent of four SSRs.

Can you tell us the model, quantity and who sells them?

Reply to
Bruce S

402-0006 RLY E/M PCB DPDT SMT 30V 1A 4.5V

STOCK USED OUT BUY PRICE TOT VAL 353 20586 0 72 0.66010 233.02

NAME PART NUMBER NOTES

MFR1 FUJITSU FTR-B3GA4.5Z-B10 ROHS -B10=T&R

MFR3 MOUSER 817-FTR-B3GA4.5Z SAME AS M1

Thanks. Love your database. Mouser wants $3.75 qty 1:

Arrow gets down to $0.8447, qty 100000+:

How on earth do you buy them for 66 cents????

Reply to
Bruce S

It's great. We wrote it in PowerBasic.

Mouser wants $3.75 qty 1:

Dunno. Purchasing does that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You have mentioned this relay on a number of occasions. 66 cents for a precision DPDT relay never sounded right.

Maybe someone got distracted and then picked up the wrong PO.

Reply to
Bruce S