Subject Author Posted Replies

Capacitive discharge welder(again?),how to preserve capacitors?
Hello in years i got shelves full of surplus screw aluminium capacitors,and sometimes i needed to solder batteries without warm them. I spent some time reading the many projects of capacitive...
6
6

RF Vector Voltmeter
All, Years ago I made great use of the HP 8508 vector voltmeter. Now I find my self wishing there were similar solutions for basic RF measurements. Does anybody know of a PXI or PCI card that can give...
1
1

OT: Milo
God DAMN look at how some Conservatives went up to bat for the "free speech" of this attention-seeking sick kid-toucher because he learned the right corny lines to say. The spin-job on this one which...
15
15

OT: Hi Tech
Hi Tech... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
12
12

Help! What is it? Capacitor?
Sorting through a grab bag of capacitors, reading labels and also checking with multimeter. Ran across a handful of the following marked thus: "Sprague, 30D+, TE1129, 15-12DC, USA +, 8124H" Small...
13
13

These transistors sure do scream...
Playing with a switching circuit, yet I seem to have made the observation that these things are fantastic for linear. Infineon SPA07N60C3, but everyone has their line of SuperJunction MOSFETs....
38
38

OT - Gah! Modern packaging
Damnation! I rarely hurt myself with sharp tools. The main exception being trying to get the things out of their packaging. I suppose I should know better by now, and always use scissors to open them,...
37
37

Yet more media propaganda exposed as lies...
Yet more media propaganda exposed as lies... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek,...
4
4

OT: Al Gore
OT: Al Gore: Still Demented After All These Years... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
3
3

OT: The "Sweden Incident"
Now an every day occurence in that wonderfull welfare capitol of europe..
137
137

LT Spice diode c-v
A diode model looks like .model 1N4148 D(Is=2.52n Rs=.568 N=1.752 Cjo=4p M=.4 tt=20n Iave=200m Vpk=75 mfg=OnSemi type=silicon) If I want to model some other diode c-v curve, I can edit Cjo as needed....
5
5

Four Phase Drive From Signal Generator
I would like to use an audio sine wave generator, plus four amplifiers, to drive a custom-made four phase motor at low speed. To enable adjustment of the rate of rotation, it needs to operate over a...
10
10

why did Shannon only consider sequences satisfying the same distribution when computing capacity?
Why did Shannon only consider sequences satisfying the same distribution when computing capacity? what happen if we are allowed to pick sequences satisfying any distribution? These questions are...
22
22

Opera Browser Issues
I've been using Opera as my main browser lately and it has worked well until today. I've been moving a web site to a new provider and twice now when I attempt to download a file the browser locks up....

I look at a print and found two I can't figure out a resistor marked 0j47 & 6j8
There are two resistor values I don't know One is 0j47 and the other is 6j8
4
4