Subject Author Posted Replies

Tek Concepts books
The Tek power supply thread reminded me of these interesting old books, some of which are still an excellent read. fave is Bob Orwiler's Vertical Amplifiers Concepts, <>.(The Power Supply Circuits...
12
12

EV Charging and Pacemakers
It sounds like anyone with common sense would be ok. Who would stand by a charger for any length of time? <> New research suggests precautionary measures should be taken by people with pacemakers and...
4
4

OT: Public transport
Can't we just get rid of public transport? I asked Google Maps for a route from my house to somewhere I want to go on holiday. 2 hours by car, 6 hours by public transport. Dafuq? Even more ridiculous,...
204
204

Help with a voltage multiplier
In my junque box I have a High Voltage, Voltage multiplier. I pulled it out to help my son on a project and it doesn't work as I expected. Testing of the parts tells me they are all good. But the...
22
22

Voltage Regulators in Parallel
Gentlemen, I have a bunch of 12VDC and 5VDC voltage regulator ICs in TO-220 packages. IIRC, I think they're about 1A each. Could they be paralleled-up to get more current or would they have a tendency...
40
40

Testing photoreceivers
Hi, all, We do a lot of photoreceiver testing, so we've gotten reasonably good at it, including building several test gizmos--amplifiers, pulsers, filters, and so forth. I've just posted this app note...

OT. Saturday Night Live
There was a time long ago when Saturday Night Live was must see TV. Not so much anymore now that I have a white head. Mercedes was ahead of the game. <> Watch Saturday Night Live highlight 'New...
3
3

PSU Design
Gentlemen, I know this will upset and disappoint a certain antipodean contributor here, but I would like, if I may, to discuss electronic design for a moment. This concerns a linear power supply...
104
104

power pics
Power to a bakery: House being renovated: Some wires on Nevada Street: General ugliness: ?raw=1?raw=1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/el1zuawood89fic/Tartine_Power.jpg?raw=1...
7
7

density
Somebody was whining about PCB density. I want to do a board with about 105 relays. I'd prefer 130 but that's not going to happen. Here's a trial placement, just to see what might fit. normally use...
21
21

OT. Quasar Mystery Solved.
Earth has about 5 billion years left if the star gazers are right. <> Scientists have unlocked one of the biggest mysteries of quasars – the brightest, most powerful objects in the Universe....
2
2

OT: Geo-Financial Flows in America
This is interesting. A clear trend emerging of people and businesses leaving the worst Blue states for the best of the Reds. Crime and taxes two big factors.... ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline,...
10
10

dogfooding
of my guys want to build a bunch of special test sets to do production testing... of a general-purpose test system! It can test itself! Eating your own dog food - Wikipedia Eating your own dog food -...
6
6

Poor man's TDR
Can anyone think of a cunning quick and dirty way to do TDR on modest length 3 - 10 m cables to look for breaks ideally with resolution 10cm or better and without using an expensive fast sampling...
19
19

Lead Cloud Engineer//Fort Mill, SC//CROP TO CORP (Remote)//+12 MONTHS//
Hi All Greetings from workpath Job tittle: Lead Cloud Engineer Location: Fort Mill, SC Contract: CROP TO CORP (Remote) Duration: +12 MONTHS Job Description: • Build and support progressive...