Testing photoreceivers

Hi, all,

We do a lot of photoreceiver testing, so we've gotten reasonably good at it, including building several test gizmos--amplifiers, pulsers, filters, and so forth.

I've just posted this app note

which may be of some interest to folks who do time- and frequency-domain testing of medium-speed optical gizmos.

The neatest hack is using the shot noise of the measured DC photocurrent as a well-calibrated signal source for transimpedance measurements. Works amazingly well if your TIA is quiet.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to