Subject Author Posted Replies

Iron tip trouble
Got a cheapo soldering station for part removal. It's often used at 400C bu t never left there, also 300 & 350. The tips crud up severely very quickly, then can't even melt solder with it at 400....
26
26

lSome things are too scarry to even make a movie of
It's not bad enough the Presidential election is not decided by a majority of the population, if the electoral vote is tied, the House votes by state delegation rather than a head count! "If the...
7
7

op-amp-controlled MOSFET cucrrent-source
Have you seen an analysis of the classic op-amp-controlled MOSFET current-source? I needed this for a design, plus I'd like to squeeze it into the x-Chapters, before the mid-August printing deadline....
23
23

Imput impedance of common emitter amplifier at RF frequencies
Could some electronics guru here please clarify this a bit ? What is the input impedance for a common emitter BJT amplifier operating at RF frequencies ? The output impedance id the parallel...
36
36

Re: OT: What are the chances of this getting through?
*Most* countries in the world in fact have been involved with slavery at some point in time going back into antiquity. Funny how today only the trade in slaves brought from Africa is regarded as...
3
3

How Astronomers Missed the Massive Asteroid That Just Whizzed Past Earth
July 26, 2019 How Astronomers Missed the Massive Asteroid That Just Whizzed Past Earth By Yasemin Saplakoglu, Staff Writer A large asteroid just whizzed past our planet - and astronomers weren't...
130
130

CCM boost inductor design
Hi, I would like to make a low-loss boost PFC converter for the following parameters: 150kHz switching frequency, 180-250VAC input, 600V output at 500W. It should operate in CCM with 20% deltaIL, so...
60
60

addendum to 45-year MOSFET history, comments?
I've written an addendum to the 18-page 45-year power MOSFET history article for the x-Chapters. And would appreciate your comments. Here it is: As we leave this lengthy section, discussing various...
14
14

Digikey Mail/ Protect your account!
Hello, today I got a mail from digikey to protect my account and reset the password. Was It only me, or was there a security issue at digikey? Bye -- Uwe Bonnes Institut fuer Kernphysik...
20
20

OT: UK to move back to imperial units?
UK to move back to imperial units? Now all we need is Pi = 3 (or 4) How very sad when clueless politicians dictate science, hope UK leaves EU today. Absolutely unacceptable, and shows the ongoing...
351
351

RF power MOSFETs
Speaking of RF power MOSFETs, What are the highest frequencies available, and what are the highest power levels available (at lower frequencies).
5
5

XOPA818--2.7 GHz FET op amp with 2.2 nV 1-Hz noise
Decompensated, gain >=7, but pretty cool. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog...
5
5

AoE x-Chapters, floating high-voltage current sources
Here's another section from our new soon-to-printed AoE x-Chapters book: Floating high-voltage current sources. This one is 12 pages long, and rather detailed. Paul complained that I was going on and...
8
8

Boosting bootstrap pin on sync buck
So we got these nice little laser controller boards back from the assembler. (Super low noise, 150 mA drive, > 20 dB below the shot noise, digital control loops for constant laser power and...
2
2

Today's young people are weaklings
Today's young people are weaklings. My car broke down on the freeway. I had my two teenage sons come to rescue me. I was only 16 miles from home so I told them to push the car home. They began...
66
66