Subject Author Posted Replies

keepalive
We have a mosfet closed-loop programmable current sink that works fine most of the time but behaves badly at startup from zero current or at very low currents. The fix is to drool in a bit of...
9
9

Re: What?s driving Maui?s devastating fires, and how climate change is fueling those conditions
And there have been wildfires on the Hawaiian Islands before. The records are incomplete but prior to 2000 The average wildfire area burned was 3200 acres on Maui. In 2003 there were 8000 acres burned...
1
1

Laser communitions in space
Anyone hae any additional info? Excerpt from a Register article ( <> ) The Deep Space Optical Communications (DSOC) experiment will head off into the void with Psyche, an asteroid-chasing probe that...

filled vias?
Has anyone used filled vias? Epoxy? Copper? I need thermal conductivity, as in a D2PAK on one side of a board and a heat sink on the other.
22
22

7x20mm relay tests
I'm going use an insane number of 7x20mm SPST relays, so I'm testing relays and drivers. Here's a start. waveforms are drain voltage and source current. Two surprises: that little 100 volt logic-level...
5
5

EV charging on GFCI
I am using the portable charger on friend's house, but it's tripping the GFCI circuit. How is that possible if the vehicle is isolated from the ground with four rubber tires? The 15A power extension...
72
72

2023 Released Goldshell KD BOX II 5TH/s 400W Asic
Buy Goldshell KD BOX Ⅱ  KD-BOX 2 from Goldshell mining 2 algorithms (Kadena) with a maximum hashrate of 5Th/s for a power consumption of 400W. Get informed about new Miners and exclusive...

lunar contradictions
think that NASA just wants to spend money. As NASA aims to stay on the moon, private firms are racing to be the first to go where no company has gone before. Scientists are studying the possible...
22
22

drum core polarity
Unshielded drum cores are cheap and have lots of L*I^2 for their size. But they leak mag fields. Maybe I can put two side-by-side and have their far fields mostly cancel. I need two anyhow. Most are...
10
10

Need substitute for old Siliconix FET to replace Thyratron
I have a circuit to replace a 2050 Thyratron tube with a FET and an SCR C106, but I am having trouble sourcing the FET as I am not sure how to translate the only specs on it that I can find to...
33
33

Controlled Resistor emulator / process meter
Hi I need to fool a heat pump into controlling the output temperature. Normally the heat pump is controlled with an external NTC resistor (from 1kohm to 15kohm). I will control it with USB from a PC...
17
17

Bob Parker's Blue ESR Meter - query
Apart from capacitor ESR checking, I use this meter for checking and tracking battery ESRs. Can anyone give me a safe upper voltage level opinion for not damaging the meter in this use? I have used it...
3
3

The Dims want to jam EVs down our collective throats
cars would have to achieve 66.4 miles a gallon in 2032, up from 44.1 mpg last year. The ramp-up for trucks and SUVs is even steeper—to 54.4 mpg from 32.1 mpg. Auto makers will have no way to comply...
9
9

addon functions
Lewin Edwards in his dosfs file system uses the ldiv() functions shown below: sector = ldiv(offset, SECTOR_SIZE).quot and offset = ldiv(offset, SECTOR_SIZE).rem Anybody know how this is declared or,...
1
1

LT Spice exporting a waveform
Imagine a 14-bit ripple counter driving an R-2R DAC, to make a stairstep waveform. I can clean up the glitches with a sample/hold. I'm clocking at 1 Hz. That works. I can export the waveform, but...
2
2