Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone have an L14C2 phototransistor kicking around?
I can find L14P2 (10us risetime) but not L14C2 (5us risetime). Does anyone have a spare kicking around? I'm in Massachusetts, USA. There are no capitalized pork products in my email address. Steve
5
5

Re: For the mathematicians: The end of the quantum tunnel
Did you read the link that you posted Jan? Their method might be an interesting superset of classical and quantum methods but it is *extremely* mathematical and intricate mathematics. The standard QM...

Re: Recent settler violence in the West Bank, explained
Irrelevant explanations are spam when they are posted to inappropriate destinations.

Re: New circuit boards can be repeatedly recycled?
On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 05:53:23 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: and 91% of the solvent. I wonder how much solvent it needs, and where did the other 9% go. I'd expect that e-waste is mostly packaging and heat...

Re: Anticipating processor architectural evolution
On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 16:11:30 -0700, Don Y snipped-for-privacy@foo.Why not hundreds of CPUs on a chip, each assigned to one function, with absolute hardware protection? They need not be identical,...
5
5

blame electronics
and now cell phones. Campus debates aren’t as civil or introspective as they used to be, Fareed Zakaria writes, blaming the deterioration of community for the current climate of bitterness.
8
8

Practical resistor accuracy distribution
Hi I needed to look into distribution of accuracy of resistors. Vendors don't have any info, but luckily some nice people online have done measurements: Klaus
8
8

OT: central limit theorem
I have one of these inexpensive Ikea bookshelves for storing some of my electronics books: <>I noticed the center shelf was starting to sag a few degrees. :( The assembly manual specifies a weight...
12
12

Re: OT: Cells may possess hidden communication system
On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 05:42:55 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: "For decades, scientists have viewed DNA as the sole source of cellular information." Well, some of the dumber ones did. Cellular function...
1
1

PI3USB14-A dual 4>1 USB switch for analog
Hi, all, I'm in a bit of a rush, doing revs to a testing board for a prototype lidar ASIC that turns out to be..., um..., well.... Let's just say it's a _tiny_bit_delicate_ electrically. Yeah, just a...
6
6

Re: OT: Making diamonds at ambitent pressure
Synthesising diamonds by vapour deposition (with a lot of hydrogen in in the gas mix) has been going on for years. This seems to be a refinement of that approach - useful, and potentially profitable,...

OT: A Warning to America
The fruit of the Frankfurt School plotters is maturing nicely....
6
6

CCFL transformer
Hi I need a low distributed capacitance winding transformer, for a HV stepup function (3.5kV) I am zeroing in on similar concept as CCFL transformers with sectionalized bobbin. For example: using...
32
32

Re: Zilog stopping Z80 production
Yep, just got the EOL notice from Digikey yesterday. Shame...
14
14

power supply idea
If one had, say, a 48 volt power bus, you could hang a half-bridge switcher to ground, and a lowpass filter out. If the drive has duty cycle n, the output voltage is 48*n. So we have a programmable...
19
19