10 mega-watt hours

It's 34 panels, and is rated at 9.5kW, although the most we've ever gotten from it is 8.5kW = 250W/panel. The link shows roof layout and orientation, 45 deg to the southwest. Click on the photo from the street. The arrow on the upper left lets you click through different days' results.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

view

Ok, good info. I am in Warner, NH. The house is new construction and almo st move in ready. We are on a hilltop facing south. No utilities to the h ouse. We are solar passive with lots of south facing glass and concrete flo ors to absorb the heat. I have two large masts planted. I'm thinking to pu t 8 250W panels on each tracker. We don't use much electricity except for some old boat-anchor radios. If I can get 5 or 6 kWh out of the panels eac h day I should be able to keep place running. Both wind and hydro possibil ities on the property. Place is going to be an experiment. We are fortunat e to have a few hundred years worth of firewood on the property so we shoul d stay cozy.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

If your panels track the sun, you'll get far more out of them than I get out of mine. As you can see in the graph, bad angles to the sun seriously cut the power. But you also see the cloud scene, bad.

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

don't worry too much - the waste energy turn into heat too

Reply to
David Eather