Interfacing the USB port

Hi. I have built a circuit that outputs raw digital data in form of a bit stream. The next step is I want to somehow read that data into the USB port of my laptop (pc or mac), transfer it to the hard disk drive and then on command read it back from the HDD and output it back to the USB.

I know this may not be the correct group but does anyone know of any software available for download that will enable me to achieve this?

It would be preferable for this software to enable me to stipulate the through-put of the data stream.

Thanks

Ash

Reply to
ash