Film cap identification

Parallelepipedic film cap, pale yellow, lead pitch .4", made in the early nineties :

100 nF 5% 160 V presumably. But which dieletric ? PP ? PET ? Metallised film or film-foil ?

I may have to replace them. One of them is quite microphonic. There is crackling in one channel and this might be the culprit.

Thanks in advance.

--

Endless variations make it all seem new
Can you recognise the patterns that you find ?

Andre Majorel schrieb:

Appearance, color and typeface look like from Arcotronics (meanwhile bought by Kemet). The "J" character indeed specifies 5% tolerance.

Maybe you look at the Kemet datasheets to find one matching your specs in this particular case size. Take care - case colors were changed several years ago, so don't try too hard to find a color match.

HTH, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Look like 100nF 5% 160V MKT capacitor.

news: snipped-for-privacy@atc5.vermine.org...

Reply to
Alf.

The Arcotronics/Kemet R60IF3100AA6AJ has the same appearance and dimensions.

Stacked metallised polyester, 100 nF 5% 160 VAC. Thanks, you and Alf just saved me hours of searching.