Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

http://tinyurl.com/y6ap9tv3

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

I had Digital TV interference couple weekends ago & am still  at a loss as
to what it was.

I use an internal TV aerial, & noticed the TV signal cycle though form 99%
signal strength to 25-30% .

The TV would go from pristine vision to freezing & pixilation, it was
annoyingly unwatchable.

I spent few hours re-arranging TV aerial to fix the problem but didn't work.

I had a set top box, & noticed the interference didn't happen on that, so I
switch to using tuner on set-top box rather than TV .

Problem has now gone & I can use tuner on TV again!?

I wonder are people importing  'electronic devices' without checking , that
are not suited/ don't comply with Australian standards & interfering with
our broadcast spectrum?

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

That could easily happen, for example buying from eBay. I haven't
looked for ages, but you could, for example, buy a cheap Chinese 4G
repeater that certainly wasn't compliant with Australian standards.

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Possibly, but I live far enough away from anyone who could be using
such a faulty device that it couldn't have much of an impact, yet such
occourances happen a few times a year, sometimes for weeks on end and
then it's good. Others in the area have similar problems, and in some
cases I've confirmed that it has been at the same time as I've had
issues.

Subtitles can be somewhat handy to cling onto the plot of a show
until the signal recovers, but usually when it gets that bad for
me it ends up dropping out to "no signal" for extended periods as
well.

I suspect it's something to do with atmospheric conditions. I have
similar bad periods with 3G mobile broadband, though there I wonder
if it might be due to the nearest tower being down. I'll be seeing
if 4G works any better soon, once I get Linux driver problems sorted
out with the modem that I bought.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

atmospheric conditions could have someting to do with it.
The problem with digital TV , it's all or nothing.

I have another theory of mine,  it may have been police speed trap up
the road?

Cops could have been waving around radar gun trying to catch speeding
drivers, & the radar waves bouncing off buildings onto my aerial?

I wonder if radar waves are in same range as digital TV to interfere?

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

No.

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.
Couple of weeks ago, we had great difficulty in getting the garage door
to open using the remotes. I tried different remotes, replaced the
batteries etc but no difference. Next day I was going to dismantle the
unit to fix it but it worked no problem and has done so ever since. It
must have been some sort of interference on that day.

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Probably the russians

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/106902631/dozens-locked-out-of-car-in-invercargill-cbd-because-radio-equipment-blocked-car-remotes

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.

As far as I know, there is no requirement for anything electronic
imported into this country to undergo RF certification.  So we have piles
of Rf noisy stuff everywhere.

Re: Surprised this doesn't happen more often.
I can't put my Fetch box adjacent to the radio, it completely jams the
FM band. It has to be about a metre away.

Site Timeline