This smells like more 'Science by Consensus'

Claims of being sick from the microwatts of RF emitted from a smart power meter. What the hell is a 'Building biologist'? Comments doesn't appear top be working on that site again, so I can't tell them to ask her to point her toy at the sun to read the radiation level.

Michael A. Terrell

I've got a smart friend who won't eat food heated in a microwave oven. Because the 'radiation' damages the food.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Tell your "smart friend" that a low salt diet is good for his health... the lower the better.

And to spread the word... the more liberals we can eliminate, the better ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Would you like to see the damage a low salt diet does? My legs still haven't healed after five years.

Michael A. Terrell

Tell him to put the door back on, and not try to heat his food in his mouth. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

I've got a smart friend who won't eat food heated in a microwave oven. Because the 'radiation' damages the food.

George H.

--------------------------

Does he realize that the infrared radiation emitted by traditional ovens and even fire also damages food? You should enlighten him to this fact that all cooked food is damaged and he should only eat raw items. Art

Reply to
Artemus

The tin foil hat crowd? I could bet this gal was happily yapping on her cell phone right after the reporter left, holding its built-in antenna right next to her brain.

There are some very scientific remedies these days:

SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Real men don't cook that way anyhow, they cook over a wood fire. The only radiation there is booze, redneck rants and testosterone :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yup, pretty far out there! Tinfoil hats and such.

These meters report for a fraction of a second every 15 minutes or so, with low power, to a transponder located within a block or two. If that is harmful, then holding a cellphone against your head is going to fry your brain like an omelet in seconds. I'm not saying that cellphones are harmless, I'm undecided on that, but clearly the dose from the smart meters has to be several orders of magnitude less!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Or just stop eating. :)

Michael A. Terrell

That isn't quite as daft as it sounds. They might have a point - the nutritional value is lowered. Microwaves can flip amino acids into a racemic mixture of the opposite handedness that we can't use.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

The latest in unintended consequences (i.e. non-thinking know-it-alls)... a low salt diet raises your BAD cholesterol. ...Jim Thompson

his

Exactly what I thought. lol! The only reason commies aren't dead is their thick skulls, not their thin skins.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Yeah, I've mostly given up, discussing 'weird' ideas with people. It's like healing magnets, and vaccinations causing some unrelated illness. At some point there is a conspiracy to cover up the truth. But still nice people to drink beer and play cards with.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

My understand is that my friend is afraid that microwave cooking is dangerous. (I never paid much attention... but google "dangers of microwave cooking" to get an idea.)

Certainly someone has done nutritional studies comparing food cooked in microwaves?

Mind you, I'd much rather reheat something in my cast iron skillet, with a bit of bacon fat, butter or olive oil coating the pan.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold
[snip]

Palatability testing makes more sense.

Lots of bacon fat, butter or olive oil.

When will humans learn to observe wild animals (carnivores)? After a kill they always eat the fat first ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, but then after a burp and a good night's sleep they run another 20 miles or so in pursuit of the next "meal on legs". While h*mo sapiens plops down on the couch in front of the TV or at the computer to peruse Usenet, and in the process develops a certain level of rotundness.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

They get that way from being dropped on their heads too many times as an infant. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Not only that,but the food will re-radiate the energy and make your eyes glow..

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's easily shown that everyone who eats, dies.

Reply to
krw