Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency? - Page 2

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Oooops, I was replying to Michael not Brian! :)

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   How are you doing these days, Bob?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Hi Michael,
   I'm pretty busy now. I've done what I told everyone I'd never do
again = working for someone else, designing circuitry for engine
control computers (or trying to).
   How's things down in 'gator-filled Florida these days? Maybe we
should continue this by e-mail...? :)

Regards,
Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Ahhh go and visit him Bob.  If you still have all that hardware in your
leg the gators 'll only break their teeth

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

G'day David,
   You sure do pop up at the least expected times!
(1) Florida's further from Sydney than you might realize.
(2) There are only 2 screws in my leg now, so I wouldn't trust that to
protect me from 'gators. Do you realize that believe it or not, it's
30 years ago in just over a month from now, that they put all that
stuff in my leg? Where does the time go???

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   You would be surprised what a gator can bite through.  I've seen cars
on the Orlando TV stations where a gator bit a chunk out of a car or
pickup truck.  One man left his tailgate down on his truck and had a
gator in the truck bed the next morning.  he had to wait for the state
to send a licensed trapper to remove it and take it to the Everglades to
release it.

   Not many gators in Marion County, but there were plenty about 30
miles south of here at my old house in Lake County.  It was a common
sight to to see a gator run across the yard heading to or from the marsh
behind my workshop.

   I'd like to meet Bob.  I think he's almost as crazy as me! ;)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

He's a great bloke to work with - good tech and laugh a minute.  But if the
bugger ever offers you a cup of coffee be sure to check the inside of the
mug handle - you never know what you might find there

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   No problem! I don't drink coffee.  I've talked to him by e-mail for
several years and I think he's an OK guy.

   Maybe I should send him a small gator to fatten up for Phil?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Hey, fair go.  We have animal cruelty laws here you know :-)

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   It wouldn't work anyway.  The gator would get one taste and spit him
out.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   Now David, you know that I would *never* stoop so low as to play
practical jokes on anyone!! Thanks for telling nice lies about me,
though.

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   How about "Impractical jokes"?  ;)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Hey Bob, send me a $1.33 in used notes and I'll keep quiet

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

OK, I'll do that!
   Or maybe I could tell them about the time you got someone to hang
onto the exposed ends of the wires coming out of a plug you inserted
into the 240V power outlet, and were about to throw the switch....?
Now that is something I'll never ever forget!

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

The look on your face as I hit the power switch was priceless - and when
the apprentice (who was holding those leads) hit the floor I thought you
were going to freak out!

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Ahhh, now you understand the motivation for some person (not further
described) sabotaging your coffee mug!!

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

So what frequency was it after all?
Mark

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   Oh yeah, we were discussing that weren't we? Only today I asked my
workmate if the remote was working again with the 4MHz crystal in it.
   He said that the owner of the thing hadn't complained, meaning that
the remote was probably OK now.
   Either that, or the increasingly cool weather down here meant that
he hasn't had a reason to use it yet. If I get any news about it, I'll
post it here.

Bob

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

Do you think I should let other readers know that the wires going into the
3pin plug were EXTREMELY well insulated so there was no possible chance they
could contact the plug pins and become alive?  And that I put the apprentice
up to pretending to be persuaded to hold the other (bared) ends and to yell
and fall when I hit the power switch?

Or should I let them think other thoughts about me?

David

Re: Sharp remote control ceramic resonator frequency?

   Probably a good idea... if anyone's still reading this. :)

   I can assure everyone here that David's a top bloke with a crazy
sense of humour, and he'd never do anything dangerous. Except for
keeping a pet bucket full of slime and coffee dregs, which
indescribable (probably incurable) things were growing in...