Riding my bike & ESD............

I was riding my bike along a river side boardwalk that had continuous
plastic decking & I noticed when I put my hand near the brake levers I'd get
a really decent ESD zap.

I was listening to AM radio, the decking his held to the underlying wooden
structure using what looks like stainless screws at ~4" intervals.

As the bike tyre runs over the screw heads it seems to discharge the charge
making a nice little 'tuck' noise in my earphones as each screw is passed.

I thought it was kind of neat.

Re: Riding my bike & ESD............

Just think you could use it to calculate your speed.......

Re: Riding my bike & ESD............

A PIC perhaps?   :)

Site Timeline