Recessed power socket (Australian standard?)

Is there a standard or regulation applying to the geometry of recessed power sockets, or a regulation requiring them?

I just ask because I have a Chinese plug that works fine with Australian outlets, except a recessed-socket Arlec extension lead.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

AS/NZS3112 gives the dimensions and some other requirements for recessed sockets and plugs to fit them, but I don't think it specifies under which circumstances recessed sockets are required.

Reply to
Chris Jones