Re: Turning an CD Rom drive into a CD player

Thank you. May be I can get it from Prime electronics?

Re: Turning an CD Rom drive into a CD player
finger to keyboard and composed:

If you mean the ATMEGA8515, then apparently not. At least it didn't
show up in a search of their site.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Turning an CD Rom drive into a CD player

Jaycar seems to stock them.

Tom

Re: Turning an CD Rom drive into a CD player
newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

Yeah, I saw them in Jaycar's catalog for $65. A bit expensive. I rang
them
asking if I can just buy the board but they say no. I thought may be I
can
get some of the components from an old P3 (no longer works). The kit has
a few things like infrared remote controls that I don't really need.
The main thing is how I can implement the finite-state engine to
get the CD ROM playing the CD. I also have an old (APPLE ][+) power
supply that I can just plug into the power input socket of the CD ROM.

Site Timeline