mobile phone battery

Same here.

Reply to
F Murtz

They do both and so far good quality I suspect your "optometrist" gets them from same place at 100 times the cost Canceled my payment to my private fund for specs and save $400 a year The specs I have from Ausspecs reading I bought must be 3 years ago They are tough

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Petzl wrote

That's considerably more expensive than

I doubt it, the frames are quite different.

I never had that and don't have health insurance either.

I know that the last chinese lot I got was a little more than that ago because I know I got them just after the last eye test and that was just more than 3 years ago.

I'm not hard on glasses. I kept relensing the OPSMs that I used to get before I changed over to the dirt cheap chinese glasses and those must have lasted at least 35 years fine. Metal frame tho.

Still have them, cant get the nose bridges for them anymore.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You just have to work for the right people, my employer pays my health fund and they pay for my specs, proper ones, not el cheapo Chinese ones.

Reply to
keithr

I [aiad over $500 for specs from here

I had to wait over a week to get them After a week a lens fell out they charged me $50 to replace it CRAP I deduced Thats when I tried Ausspecs and the whole set cost me $40 Delivered in a week to my letter box (from Hong Kong)

--
Petzl
In Australia Christianity is important not because of the power it wields, but

Pity its such shit 'work'

Not interested in that shit 'work' just to get stupid ripoff glasses which don't work anything like as well as the chinese ones. Mate of mine was stupid enough to end up paying most of a $1K by the time they actually ended up with something useable and they were steaming turds compared with mine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Where does he think the "proper ones" get their frames from?

Reply to
F Murtz

One company I worked at does this because those with glasses need them with "splash" shields working with chemicals. But yes looked low quality to me also

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left
Reply to
Petzl

True.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ROFL, still willing to jump in blind and look stupid. You never learn do you? Still making the same stupid mistakes that you did in 1992.

I've paid nothing for my last 4 pairs and no complaints with any of them. They're all reading glasses, a pair with transition lenses for use out doors, and I can keep a pair in the office, the bedroom and the car too.

I'm not interested in tatting around garage sales for crap to flog on Ebay, I've got far more interesting and rewarding stuff to do.

Reply to
keithr

Europe actually.

Reply to
keithr

And the lenses from Japan.

Reply to
keithr

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Pity about the shit 'work' you had to do to get those free.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You've been lucky. First time I bought one it was about half the capacity of the original one, when I replaced that, both replacements were less than 15% or original, when fully-charged. I was trying to keep my old Razr alive because its battery life was 4-6 days, but the most recent replacements don't even last 6 hours on standby.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Clifford Heath wrote

Nope, just have enough of a clue to only buy the good stuff.

All of mine were at least as good as the original.

One was much better, but that was because the technology changed to LiOn.

See above.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not sure if urban myth try freezing it in plastic bag in deep freeze for a day then thaw it out and recharge. Something to do with batteries getting a "memory" I've had some success with Motorola batteries (not always)

--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left
Reply to
Petzl

Petzl wrote

It is.

That will f*ck a battery.

That doesn't happen with the current battery technology.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Same technology (LiIon), claimed higher capacity than original. Wasn't.

I just looked for vendors (on AliExpress - hundreds of battery suppliers) with top approval ratings, making claims that were plausible. I've had really good experiences with many other products from AliExpress, but there's little point complaining or posting them back when the entire order is under $20.

Perhaps you can suggest a better way to select? Or a store you trust which has a Motorola BR50?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Clifford Heath wrote

Because you didn't have enough of a clue to only buy the good stuff.

What matters isnt what claims are made, what matters is what feedback there is from those who have bought what they are flogging.

I did it with something that was quite literally 1c.

Expected to just get ignored, but instead he sent me a replacement and the replacement was perfect.

Yep, feedback from those who have bought the product.

Haven't had any need to get any of those.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If you look after yourself enough, I don't think you need health insurance. It's scam that we have to get health insurance now, when we already pay medicare levy. If should be a simpler system with a higher medicare levy. Now, we don't have a choice and get punished by the tax man if we don't get health insurance. So much for living in the lucky country.

Reply to
Damian