mobile phone battery - Page 2

Re: mobile phone battery
Where does he think the "proper ones" get their frames from?

Re: mobile phone battery

True.

Re: mobile phone battery

Europe actually.

Re: mobile phone battery

And the lenses from Japan.

Re: mobile phone battery
On Fri, 24 May 2013 05:45:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"

One company I worked at does this because those with glasses need them
with "splash" shields working with chemicals.
But yes looked low quality to me also
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Re: mobile phone battery

ROFL, still willing to jump in blind and look stupid. You never learn do
you? Still making the same stupid mistakes that you did in 1992.

I've paid nothing for my last 4 pairs and no complaints with any of
them. They're all reading glasses, a pair with transition lenses for use
out doors, and I can keep a pair in the office, the bedroom and the car too.

I'm not interested in tatting around garage sales for crap to flog on
Ebay, I've got far more interesting and rewarding stuff to do.

Re: mobile phone battery

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Pity about the shit 'work' you had to do to get those free.

Re: mobile phone battery

That's the way it should be for the working fellas above certain income.
Leaving the job to the ATO to punish hardworking family people isn't the way
to go.

Re: mobile phone battery

If you look after yourself enough, I don't think you need health insurance.
It's scam that we have to get health insurance now, when we already pay
medicare levy.
If should be a simpler system with a higher medicare levy.
Now, we don't have a  choice and get punished by the tax man if we don't get
health insurance.
So much for living in the lucky country.

Re: mobile phone battery

I don?t believe you need it even if you don?t.

That?s overstated. If the levy was high enough
to pay for everything delivered as quick as anyone
ever wanted it, they voters wouldn?t wear it.

There are certainly some advantages with that approach,
but its far from clear that its politically feasible.

I don?t.

It still leaves the US and British systems for dead.

Re: mobile phone battery

That would be unrealistic. If you are working person and constantly under
threat of injuries, health issues,
then the current system and economics demand to have health insurance.
If you are at work or behind wheels, then the work and road insurance scheme
would help.
If the injury happens elsewhere, you can end up being screwed.
Then the illnesses and terminal illnesses can make the situation even more
complicated.

I think, it would be great to have a tax funded health insurance scheme.
Whether it's politically feasible under
current situtation is another story.

Yeah, that's a valid argument. But, it won't kill to give a go at it.
A similar thing was spread around before the introduction of medicare
system, not it's still around,
and seems to be doing the job fine for all Australians.
Many people, like myself are more than happy to pay higher levy or tax to
get 'universal' medicare,
so we won't have to get screwed by private health insurers.

Jillard just put the levy up by  half a percent to pay for NDIS. I'm not
sure
people are pissed off with her on that. I think it's many other issues she
stuffed up
that her ratings are pretty bad at the moment.
I think it's politically feasible, but probably not by the current
government,
by the sound and looks of it, they need miracle to survive.
And I may need to choose between the rope and exile in Antarctica, eh?!!

That because you earnings are below 84K.

US for dead sure, but not sure about  UK though. You may be right about them
as well, since they have cut down lot
of public spending recently though. But, I think there are countries out
there which may have far better system than us(Germany, etc).

Re: mobile phone battery

Nope, I have never had it and never
needed it and don?t look after myself.

I didn?t even bother with it when I physically built my own house.

The public hospital system worked fine every time.

Bullshit.

I've never need to use either for health care.

Bullshit. The public hospital system works fine for that sort of thing.

Nope. In fact a number of mates of mine have had those
and only a couple of them have health insurance.

That?s what we have.

It would actually. No one has anything like that world wide.

Depends on what you want done. There are real downsides
in some situations like cataracts for example.

You are free to have that with health insurance.

You don?t get screwed by them.

And that doesn?t even come close to raising what it costs.

Plenty are.

All of them in fact.

I know it isnt. No one does that world wide.

Not even a miracle would do that now.

Once you get to 30% of the primary vote,
no one has EVER come back from that.

Yep.

Nope.

I am on being able to use any doctor you like any time you like.

That was true even before that.

Nope.

Re: mobile phone battery

Actually, I had fair bit of problems with those generic ones on ebay. Couple
of them I bought was far worse than the dying battery.  When I whinged about
it, they send a replacement, and that was the same.
I  think you need some luck, not to end up with crappy cloned batteries.

Re: mobile phone battery
On Wed, 22 May 2013 15:43:04 +1000, "Damian"

Never had one the exact size and they "fit" loose
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Re: mobile phone battery

All the ones I have got have been just as good as the original.

Re: mobile phone battery
Same here.

Re: mobile phone battery

You've been lucky. First time I bought one it was about half the
capacity of the original one, when I replaced that, both replacements
were less than 15% or original, when fully-charged. I was trying
to keep my old Razr alive because its battery life was 4-6 days, but the
most recent replacements don't even last 6 hours on standby.

Re: mobile phone battery

Nope, just have enough of a clue to only buy the good stuff.

All of mine were at least as good as the original.

One was much better, but that was
because the technology changed to LiOn.

See above.

Re: mobile phone battery

Same technology (LiIon), claimed higher capacity than original. Wasn't.

I just looked for vendors (on AliExpress - hundreds of battery
suppliers) with top approval ratings, making claims that were plausible.
I've had really good experiences with many other products from
AliExpress, but there's little point complaining or posting them back
when the entire order is under $20.

Perhaps you can suggest a better way to select?
Or a store you trust which has a Motorola BR50?

Re: mobile phone battery

Because you didn't have enough of a clue to only buy the good stuff.

What matters isnt what claims are made, what matters is what feedback
there is from those who have bought what they are flogging.

I did it with something that was quite literally 1c.

Expected to just get ignored, but instead he sent
me a replacement and the replacement was perfect.

Yep, feedback from those who have bought the product.

Haven't had any need to get any of those.

Site Timeline