Help with Nokia Mobile Phone Carkit

Hi, Sorry if this is not the right group to post in. I have just purchased a car with a Nokia CARK126 car kit installed.. This comprises a HF U4 main box with a cable to connect a Nokia Pop port phone to the car kit. It has a pop port connector at one end and a plug similar to a RJ50 which goes into the HF U4 unit. My phone is a newer Nokia 6300 Classic and does not have a pop port on it but does have a 4 segment 2.5 mm stereo type socket for a stereo hands free unit to plug into. Is it possible to either buy or make some sort of adaptor to allow my phone to work with this car kit? If so does anyone have a diagram as to how to connect it up wiring wise? I do have the pin outs for all the different plugs, is it just a matter of connecting up the corresponding wires? Thanks in advance Con

Reply to
Con244

Hi!

If you've got the pinouts and you're **sure** they are correct, I don't see much opportunity for any damage as long as you make sure your wiring is correct.

Speaker and microphone connections on the phone and the car kit are unlikely to cause damage to anything if you don't get them quite right. However, anything to do with powering the phone or charging it can ruin your day if it's not compatible (have you checked the voltage and polarity?) or not the appropriate voltage/current output.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh