(Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

H-P Ergo 1600 (D2845A) 21" monitor, RGBVH & 15-pin submin D input. Looks
good but doesn't power up. Fuse, switch, AC filtering all OK. No room in
my life for it, absolutely *FREE* to good home.

I'm in the Outer East.

John Mackesy

Re: (Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

If anyone in Perth is after a 21" CRT I've got one also.  There is
something wrong with the colour, one minute it is working fine, the
next the screen gets a blue cast to it.  If anyone can fix it, its
yours.  Otherwise I'm waiting for the next curbside rubbish collection.

If interested, my mobile is 0421 898 451.  I'm in Thornlie.

Travis

Re: (Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

This will most likely be a dry solder joint.

Re: (Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

On DEC 21" monitors it's usually a hybrid video amp IC that
is no longer available.

Re: (Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

Depends on the model.
If Viewsonic or IBM (SONY), video amp IC is a likely problem -- over $100 if
still available.

Rudolf