Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Over on the Liberal Party website, there a discussion about gun laws.

One of the Liberal stooges has just posted this

"We were so close in 1996 if it wasn92%t for a couple of states without
registration we could have called them all in then. Now of course we
have to wait for another incident like Port Arthur before we can be
free of this menace."

Doesn't that speak volumes.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Hmm, so it's ok for you to blunder around aus.politics.guns sprouting
you "poor little fragile Johny baby" bullshit, but it's not OK for me
to reply via aus.electronics?

Just like it's OK for your dear friend Wilson to post his anti-gun and
anti-gun owner rants on aus.electronics, but not OK for any
alternative viewpoint to appear.

Bad luck about that.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Gee, thanks for giving me your permission.

What are my aims? and it's nice to know you classify anything posted
by a "pro-gun" poster as "irrelevant crap".

Who have I purported to represent?

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

The Liberal Party's actions spoke louder than their words.

You'd have to wonder what any Australian gun owner who votes
Liberal, or Nationals for that matter, would be using for brains.

Charles L

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Oh look, isn't that sweet, another aus.electronics idiot who didn't
have a problem with Trivial Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun-owner venom
and vitriol being posted on aus.electronics, but get's all upset when
alternative viewpoint appears.
Away you go Royston, tell me how TW is one of you long standing and
highly respected posters over on aus.electronics and how "rednecks"
like me don't have the same right to be heard as he does. Let me know
how you believe you have the right to tell me where I can and cannot
post, and how the fact there's and anti-gun and anti-gunowner bigot
posting his diatribe there is totally irrelelvant to wether or not
others with differing views  should be heard there.
You people truely disgust me.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Since when do I have to justify anything to you? It wasn't a "single
poster" who objected to my posts but had no criticism of TW's, I seem
to recall it was a number of them, you're just one of the more
persistant.

Why, because I demand the same right to be heard that you allow an
anti-gun and anti-gunowner zealot ?

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Yeah, right, how is Dorothy by the way?

That's right, a number told me to piss off, but were quite content to
have Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun owner rants appearing, funny about
that.

Used the term before, you're obviously to ignorant to notice, do you
disagree with my description?

Those people didn't have a problem with Trevor's anti-gun and anti-gun
owner rants appearing in "their" little corner of Usenet, but got all
upset when an alternative viewpoint appeared. They don't believe that
a gun owner should have the same rights, such as freedom of speech, as
some anti-gun zealot. They clearly classify gun owners as some sort of
second class person. Don't expect me to like it.
No, why, because I demand the same freedoms "King Keefy" is prepared
to allow others?

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

No, I suffered no personal sleight, but I believe what has happened
here is a very good demonstration of the open hostility towards law
abiding firearms owners from some segments of our society, and will
contiue to use the example to demonstrate this.

Just to remind you again Keith, Trevor, not once, but repeatedly, used
aus.electronics to launch his anti-gun and anti-gunowner diatribe, not
one other poster on aus.electronics told him to take it somewhere
else, not one other poster told him his opinions on gun ownership and
gun owners were O/T or not welcome there, not one. As soon as I
started responding to Trevor's word vomit, I got severely shit-canned.
One poster eventually asked Trevor to take his O/T rantings elsewhere,
not because they were not relevant to the purpose of the board, but
because I was posting there.

And you tell me I am somehow offending public perceptions of gun
owners by posting there, please, I think the above clearly
demonstrates that many on aus.electronics are what can reasonably be
described as "anti-gun", and those attitudes were well entrenched long
before I happened upon the scene.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Yes, you really hate it when rednecks stand up on their hind legs and
demand the same rights as everybody else.

Vendetta? there's no vendetta. but I feel it's good to let people know
how their actions are perceived. I don't see how I'm achieving any bad
publicity, unless you think the people who said nothing when this
zealot was posting his venom but went feral when alternative viewpoint
appeared can somehow be converted into believing that gun owners have
the same rights as everyone else if I just shut the fuck up, sorry I
don't subscribe to that viewpoint.

Wrong Keefy, they were already there, I'll  remind you again, they
said nothing when Trevor was using aus.electronics to launch his anti-
gun and anti-gunowner tirades, but went feral when altenative
viewpoint appeared.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

"no comment on this, what a surprise"

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

It's interesting that's the first time you admitted that I had made my
point.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

I expect Trevor, when he is spanked on a gun related forum, to scurry
away to a non-gun related forum a spew his word vomit there, hoping
that no-one will know enough of the subject, (or perhaps be too
intimidated by his "long standing and highly valued poster" status) to
take him up on it. Prior to aus.electronics, he's previously done the
same thing on rec.audio.opinion and aus.hi-fi.

What I do not expect, and what really gets up my nose, is people who
don't have an issue with anti-gun word vomit being posted, but who the
get all upset and go feral about an alternative viewpoint appearing.
I'm sorry if it offends you Keithr, but this is one redneck who won't
shut the fuck up and sit in the corner when he see's this going on.

As for you hypocrite label, you can label me anything you like, I
don't care for you opinions one way or the other.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

So, I demonstrated previously that Trevor used aus.electronics at
least four times to spray his anti-gun word vomit around prior to my
first ever post there, and no-one asked him to desist. I start a
thread in response to this and get told to pull my head in.

"Asked to desist", I seem to recall you lot weren't quite so polite at
the time.

Re: Liberal members readying for another attack on gun owners

Not noticing any criticism either, apart from the chanting of a few
idiots on aus.electronics earlier in our discussions.

Tell me Keefy, why are my "methods" so offensive to you, why is it
that you (and others on aus.electronics) didn't have an issue with
Trevors regular anti-gun and anti-gun owner diatribes appearing, but
got all upset when an alternative viewpoint went up?

What gives you the right to tell me to "piss off" whilst being so
accepting of Trevor's little diatribes?

Site Timeline