LED TV... any inside info?

Are you suggesting they had a choice? The comparison would probably be with those who *chose* never to see a movie in those days. (Excluding all those who couldn't afford to go of course)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

So do you really think you could have been smarter than her by simply NOT watching TV?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

**Unlikely, but you never know.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

**Indeed.

There are lots of good educational

**In those days government schools could hardly afford TV sets. Hell, by the time I was in high school, there was only one TV set in the whole school. We all sat around it (1,000 of us) watching the Moon landing.
**No TV is the school back then. Not one.

**Possibly.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I do have a tele here, it's just not mine.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

Absolutely ;-)

But back then the smug-cry was "Oh no - I don't read newspapers or novels".

geoff

Reply to
geoff

**LOL!

We had radio here in Australia. I guess you guys missed out.

:-)

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

A TV shop across the street from my elementary school brought over two color TVs and put up an antenna to let everyone watch the first televised 'Project Mercury' manned mission.

I had a Zenith 12" B&W portable TV in my bedroom to watch the moon landings along with a reel to reel tape recorder to record the news coverage of each mission. Unfortunately the tapes were stolen, and taped over before they were recovered.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

We had a TV from the time I started school, but we only got to watch a couple hours a day, and only after our homework was done. I scored the highest in most categories in the aptitude tests, and in some I was the only one to get a perfect score in the entire school system.