LED TV... any inside info? - Page 2

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

So do you really think you could have been smarter than her by simply NOT
watching TV?

MrT.

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

**Unlikely, but you never know.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

We had a TV from the time I started school, but we only got to watch a
couple hours a day, and only after our homework was done.  I scored the
highest in most categories in the aptitude tests, and in some I was the
only one to get a perfect score in the entire school system.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
Re: LED TV... any inside info?

And quite possibly a co-incidence. There are lots of good educational
programs on TV, with many ABC/BBC programs etc. regularly shown in schools.
Did your school ever show any, and if so did the girl excuse herself I
wonder?
Lets face it, it's not owning a TV that's the problem, it's the person who
chooses when and what to watch.

MrT.

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

**Indeed.

 There are lots of good educational

**In those days government schools could hardly afford TV sets. Hell, by the
time I was in high school, there was only one TV set in the whole school. We
all sat around it (1,000 of us) watching the Moon landing.

**No TV is the school back then. Not one.

**Possibly.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

   A TV shop across the street from my elementary school brought over
two color TVs and put up an antenna to let everyone watch the first
televised 'Project Mercury' manned mission.

   I had a Zenith 12" B&W portable TV in my bedroom to watch the moon
landings along with a reel to reel tape recorder to record the news
coverage of each mission.  Unfortunately the tapes were stolen, and
taped over before they were recovered.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
Re: LED TV... any inside info?

I do have a tele here, it's just not mine.

Michael

Re: LED TV... any inside info?
I've seen a Sony OLED TV in action.

Pros:
Amazing picture
Screen was only 3mm thick

Cons
Screen was only 11"
Box with electronics underneath negates the 3mm thick screen
OLED life is dubious
This set was very expensive.

Sony say that they will have a 27" version out soon for about USD1500.
Hopefully they have got it right because the picture makes plasma and
LCD units look very poor.

Keith

Re: LED TV... any inside info?

**OLEDs appear to be pretty decent, in terms of power consumption,
reliability, but life-span is not well known. The big plus they have is that
large screens should be much easier to produce than even plasmas or LCDs.
The technology does not demand a rigid, glass covering. Ultimately, that may
mean the screen could be rolled up for transport and unrolled and stuck to
the wall. Expect prices to plummet with scale of manufacture as per normal.

Speed, contrast, viewing angle and brightness are superb.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Site Timeline