TV LED circuit bards

Hi Group, can someone help please?.. when ordering boards for led tvs, why
are there different white sticker labels with bar codes, but with different
 numbers for the same board number and model TV??.. for instance, I'm tryin
g to find a main logic board for a Vizio model#P502ui-B1E.. main board# 715
g6924-m01-000-005k.. sticker# xecbotk004030x.. on some boards in ebay, the
board numbers match, but the stickers don't, how would i find one compatibl
e for the tv???  other than finding the same sticker number??

Re: TV LED circuit bards
:
y are there different white sticker labels with bar codes, but with differe
nt numbers for the same board number and model TV??.. for instance, I'm try
ing to find a main logic board for a Vizio model#P502ui-B1E.. main board# 7
15g6924-m01-000-005k.. sticker# xecbotk004030x.. on some boards in ebay, th
e board numbers match, but the stickers don't, how would i find one compati
ble for the tv??? other than finding the same sticker number??

First, don't waste your time with the P502ui.  The mainboards are junk, the
re are no new ones available, and used ones will be bad when you get them o
r fail shortly after.   Under that big black heatsink are two BGA chips tha
t run scalding hot when everything is working properly.  Being an edge lit
TV, they squished the boards down to fit the cabinet, and the boards just c
ook themselves to death. What actually happens is that most of them suffer
from degraded or cracked solder balls under the BGAs.

To answer your question, Vizio is not a manufacturer but an assembler.  The
y get their screens from different companies, so different boards will have
 at least different software to match the display screen or the boards will
 have different parts loaded for the correct version, and that's what the l
abels call out.  Now, having said that, this particular series of boards se
em to swap around with no problem, but I don't know if I've seen every vers
ion either.

If you're set on getting if fixed, see if you can find a company that will
remove the BGA chips and reball them.  Reflowing will restore them temporar
ily but they'll only work for weeks to a few months before crapping again.
 If you get the two BGAs reballed, cut out the back of the cabinet where th
e heatsink for the main is and mount a big box fan to the back cabinet.

Re: TV LED circuit bards
te:
[...]

thanks for the info, out to the curb for this tv..

Site Timeline