Jaycar Variac ?

**  Hi,

it has been claimed that the Jaycar MP- 3080 variac has the front panel fuse
wired in the AC input to the unit instead of the output circuit.

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP3080&CATID=&keywords=mp3080&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID =

Can anyone confirm this ?

.....   Phil

Re: Jaycar Variac ?

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP3080&CATID=&keywords=mp3080&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID =

The simple absence of an output amperage rating proves it.

" Now supplied with slow blow fuses for extra reliablity " !!!!!!

Report to your authorities.

Graham

Stevenson = usenet CRIMINAL

"Eeyore" = Pooh Bear = Poopie =  Graham Stevenson =  Pommy Ratbag

YOU are a disgrace, a monstrous charlatan and fake, an insufferable
egomaniac and pox on the face of the planet.

You spread your  PIG  IGNORANCE  about with every post impeding the flow of
real information.

Get off usenet and stay off.

YOU  are just another usenet  CRIMINAL.

.....   Phil

Re: Jaycar Variac ?

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP3080&CATID=&keywords=mp3080&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID =

We dont have a Jaycar unit and it does not have a fuse,
but we know when we are pulling too many amps..
It Buzzes... Really loud..

lol

I think if someone needs a fuse, then maybe they should not be using one?

Even Jaycars little comment
"- Now supplied with slow blow fuses for extra reliablity ." (or is that
reliability)
 is just a  little hint at this...

Allan
techs Rule..:>

Re: Jaycar Variac ?

"Allan"

** An audible " trouble pending " alarm  -   if ever I heard one.

** Fuses offer invaluable, silent, ever vigilant, maintenance free, reliable
& cheap protection.

    Hard to dislike that.

**  I reckon that comment in the catalogue is a BIG  hint they have had
lotsa trouble with the damn thing  -  but still have not the tiniest clue
what the maker's blunder is.

BTW

The exact same unit is sold by WES and by at least one firm in NZ.

......   Phil

Re: Jaycar Variac ?

Indeed.

Beaten only by CBs.