If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it? - Page 4

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Still total bullshit.

Bullshit.

Nothing to do with toasters.

Separate matter entirely.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx

Bullshit.

Separate matter entirely to that mindless bullshit about writing
the PIN number on their credit card. Nothing like that in fact.

Separate matter entirely to that mindless bullshit about writing
the PIN number on their credit card. Nothing like that in fact.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Well bugger you with your 'bullshit' to everything.

See you later when I have another question

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Even a refugee from the biggest sheltered workshop
in the country should be able to bullshit its way out
of its predicament better than that pathetic effort.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Well, at least I got a new ( to me) insult !!!!!

Cheers,
Colin

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

MS firewall in XP SP2 does outbound filtering.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Since when?

One of the great annoyances about the firewall in XP SP2 is that it only
does incoming filtering - anything can send outgoing data.

Even MS say it doesn't filter outgoing, (just search for 'outgoing'):
http://tinyurl.com/9h843

You need to use IPSec to filter outgoing on XP SP2.

Otherwise use a third party firewall, (which are far and away better
than anything I'd trust MS to come up with).

IIRC, Windows Vista _may_ have firewall that works in both directions.

Dave

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, at 22:29:24 [GMT +0930] (22:59:24 Friday, 28 October

Just be careful;  could be a "honeypot" to load you up with a trojan.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Serve him bloody right if he got zapped.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

IF SOMEONE ELSE IS HAVING A GREAT COFFEE, IS IT WRONG TO ENJOY THE SMELL?

-Andrew M

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

 not relevant , nice try at a redherring though .

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Yes I use them.

I have just come back from a trip to northern NSW and used one there for
email and a little surfing. And I will be in Geelong and Melbourne in the
next two weeks and will be looking for open wifi connections in both places
for the same purpose.

I use an external antenna to boost the range of my wireless card.

If folk leave their connection open for anyone to use, then I thank them.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

You mean like driving slowly past people's houses.   Nice one!

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:29:24 +0930, John

I leave my wifi open. You cant get into my PC, but you can use my
wifi. If you want to use it, i have no issue. If you abuse it, i will
shut you out. If you chew out all my bandwith, i will probably close
it.

Abuse it and loose it.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Go ahead and use it.   They wouldn't be able to prove who was tapping into
it.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Yes they would

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

average home wireless network?   playing the odds I think you would be safe.

if you are able to stop the wireless card sending its MAC address, then only
by radio triangulation would they be able to work out where you are.  Who
would have that equipment on hand?

anyway, it would cost the network owner far more in legal fees than what
would be gained by pursuing it legally.  Until this area is formally
regulated, you will be fine.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Nothing like the same thing. It STILL sends
the MAC address, whatever that happens to
be set to, you stupid pig ignorant fuckwit clown.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Who do you think you're fooling?    You said that it couldn't be altered.

If you can spoof the MAC address then they they can't prove it was your
wireless card.   It's like I'm teaching a primary school child.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

Pathetic, really.

Like hell I ever did you silly little pathological liar.

Pity that that is JUST ONE POSSIBILITY, so your original absolute
claim is STILL just plain wrong, you silly little pathological liar.

Here it is again,

You cant actually be THAT think, you've got to be a pathological liar.

And so stupid that you cant even manage to work out the
difference between a normal residential house and a shop either.

Re: If there's a wifi or wireless connection nearby is it moral to tap in and use it?

You said it you couldn't stop the wireless card sending its MAC address.

If you spoof the MAC address, you are stopping it sending its MAC address.

Stop making pointless distinctions just to give you an excuse to be profane
and abusive.

the average home wifi network owner would not have logging in place to
incriminate you.

therefore it was a perfectly reasonable statement.   only if you are
desparate to be profane and abusive would you try to argue otherwise.